Sat 10/9

Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Sat 10/9

Post by Tamara »

sdwhru wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:21 pm So not sure exactly where to start but my Mom passed away Monday night. Her death, I was surprised with. As the nurses kept telling me she was stable, they were lowering her oxygen, etc. So Monday they moved her from the hospital she was in to a longer-term hospital. The intake personal at the long term hospital did ask me if she had a history of depression which was a resounding yes. She got there about 7 pm Monday night and the ER doc said she was in bad shape by the time she got there. They had to immediately intubate her. Then around 10 or so she started crashing and they had been doing chest compressions for 30 minutes by the time they called me. I told them to stop as she had a DNR at the original hospital. I don't think mom could live without dad; I think she gave up fighting and trying. I'm struggling with hers more than my dad's as all the nurses I had spoken to told me she was getting better.

Part of me is okay with this as her and dad are together again and whole and no pain, etc., but I will miss their physical presence. Especially as they lived with us. I told my DH the house is so quiet; it's like the teenagers have left home. So in a few weeks I will be doing a dual memorial for them (as I am the only child).

Between work, phone calls, etc. I have been so swamped I hadn't had a chance to check in let alone scrap. Maybe next weekend. Last deadline for season is 10/15.

Ya'll enjoy the rest of your Saturday.
Becca I am so sorry to hear this. My heart breaks for you. sending big hugs
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

sdwhru wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:21 pm So not sure exactly where to start but my Mom passed away Monday night. Her death, I was surprised with. As the nurses kept telling me she was stable, they were lowering her oxygen, etc. So Monday they moved her from the hospital she was in to a longer-term hospital. The intake personal at the long term hospital did ask me if she had a history of depression which was a resounding yes. She got there about 7 pm Monday night and the ER doc said she was in bad shape by the time she got there. They had to immediately intubate her. Then around 10 or so she started crashing and they had been doing chest compressions for 30 minutes by the time they called me. I told them to stop as she had a DNR at the original hospital. I don't think mom could live without dad; I think she gave up fighting and trying. I'm struggling with hers more than my dad's as all the nurses I had spoken to told me she was getting better.

Part of me is okay with this as her and dad are together again and whole and no pain, etc., but I will miss their physical presence. Especially as they lived with us. I told my DH the house is so quiet; it's like the teenagers have left home. So in a few weeks I will be doing a dual memorial for them (as I am the only child).

Between work, phone calls, etc. I have been so swamped I hadn't had a chance to check in let alone scrap. Maybe next weekend. Last deadline for season is 10/15.

Prayers are with you, Becca. I am so sorry for the loss of your parents. I know the fact that you will see them again in heaven is a great comfort to you but it is still hard here on earth.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

It is still Sat. for another 30 minutes on the East coast. DH and I worked on the tile backsplash...first, he had to finish watching some series he had been watching, then we had to go buy a tile saw, then he had to put the saw together, then he did the first wall, then I tore the first wall down, and finally I put the tile up. It's a basket weave pattern and he just wasn't getting the flow of how it went. It was much more peaceful for me to do it myself with him doing the cuts....faster, too! Just finished cleaning up and getting ready for my Sunday School class tomorrow and dinner guest after church and then another house guest for the week. The young lady coming is the daughter of one of my best friends and I have known her since her birth. She will be doing a week of training before heading out to somewhere in the world to assist in a week of cleft palate surgeries. Plus she just got engaged so Aunt Patti can't wait to hear all the details!
Have a wonderful Sunday, ladies!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

So sorry to hear of your mother's passing. (((HUGS)))
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Oh Becca, I am so very sorry. Sending my deepest condolences, prayers and big hugs.

Return to “Daily Chatter”