Sat 10/9

sthom97093
Challenge Team

Sat 10/9

Post by sthom97093 »

Hello Scrappy Friends! I hope you all have some great things on your plate today to do!

Yesterday, I took a 3 hour nap after my IV...AND THEN I slept for 10 hours last night! I think that the past few weeks caught up with me. Not to mention the IV meds wipe you out....I did get some scrap time in last night which was nice. Today is going to be spent doing things I don't typically get to enjoy doing on Saturdays because there is always the specter of school looming. :) (Today is officially day 1 of our Fall Break and I'M SO EXCITED!)

Hope you all have a fantastic Saturday!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Sat 10/9

Post by Tamara »

Stephanie, so glad you caught u[ on sleep! Enjoy your fall break for sure. IT is looking more and more like fall everyday and feeling like lower temps too! I am back to long pants and long sleeved blouses :lol: We just dropped the car off for new tires today. We still had probably 10,000 miles left on them but DH didn't want to have trouble in a snow storm and hence if he retires purchasing them now would be better for us. We got the 70,000 miles on the new tires so we should be good fore a few or five or six years. Since I am not working we have cut down a lot on the mileage. Got injured doing house work yesterday so I better not do any today! :lol: I was putting wet clothes from the washer to the dryer and when I flung them to go into the dryer I smacked my hand into the top of the dryer pretty hard. It started swelling and today you can see the bruise pretty good. :mrgreen:
It's a dreary rainy day today so its a good day to stay in. We weren't planning on the football game today for Mr. Crew anyway so all is good.
Happy Saturday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Stephanie, enjoy your fall break!
Tamara, I always knew housework was dangerous! :lol:

Thankfully, it's a stay at home day for me. It seems I've been on the go since last Friday. I just want to stay home for awhile, spend some quality time with the dogs, catch up on some housework and possibly scrap. I still need to organize my scrap room but not a whole lot I can do until I make a trip to Ikea in Charlotte to get the desk top. Kyle walked over for a late breakfast this morning, after he left I cleaned the kitchen and put 2 batches of treats in the oven for the dogs. I'm debating on what to do next. The couch and Netflix is looking pretty good right now. ;)
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Tamara wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:27 am Stephanie, so glad you caught u[ on sleep! Enjoy your fall break for sure. IT is looking more and more like fall everyday and feeling like lower temps too! I am back to long pants and long sleeved blouses :lol: We just dropped the car off for new tires today. We still had probably 10,000 miles left on them but DH didn't want to have trouble in a snow storm and hence if he retires purchasing them now would be better for us. We got the 70,000 miles on the new tires so we should be good fore a few or five or six years. Since I am not working we have cut down a lot on the mileage. Got injured doing house work yesterday so I better not do any today! :lol: I was putting wet clothes from the washer to the dryer and when I flung them to go into the dryer I smacked my hand into the top of the dryer pretty hard. It started swelling and today you can see the bruise pretty good. :mrgreen:
It's a dreary rainy day today so its a good day to stay in. We weren't planning on the football game today for Mr. Crew anyway so all is good.
Happy Saturday!
Thank you so much for the kind thinking of you card you sent me. It really made my day when I read it. :) Also, housework is TOO DANGEROUS! You need to relax! :lol:
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Stephanie, enjoy your fall break.....you deserve it!
Tamara, who knew housework could be so dangerous! I say we should all stop doing it! :D
Jan, hope you enjoy your stay at home day!

I was up early for my 2 hour torture class this morning and am already feeling sore. Nearly got hit by a car this morning. Our community is having a yard sale and there are so many cars on the streets. I pulled out in my golf cart and a car blew through the stop sign. Glad I didn't have too far to go to get home.
Today we are getting together with a cousin of mine who I haven't seen in over 20 years. I'm so excited to see her. She just called me yesterday as they were on their way home in their RV and decided to detour over our way. I can't wait to catch up with her. I'm sure our husbands will be bored stiff! lol
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Tracy F wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:48 am Stephanie, enjoy your fall break.....you deserve it!
Tamara, who knew housework could be so dangerous! I say we should all stop doing it! :D
Jan, hope you enjoy your stay at home day!

I was up early for my 2 hour torture class this morning and am already feeling sore. Nearly got hit by a car this morning. Our community is having a yard sale and there are so many cars on the streets. I pulled out in my golf cart and a car blew through the stop sign. Glad I didn't have too far to go to get home.
Today we are getting together with a cousin of mine who I haven't seen in over 20 years. I'm so excited to see her. She just called me yesterday as they were on their way home in their RV and decided to detour over our way. I can't wait to catch up with her. I'm sure our husbands will be bored stiff! lol
So glad the car didn't hit you! I hate it when it is a close call. Stay safe!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

So not sure exactly where to start but my Mom passed away Monday night. Her death, I was surprised with. As the nurses kept telling me she was stable, they were lowering her oxygen, etc. So Monday they moved her from the hospital she was in to a longer-term hospital. The intake personal at the long term hospital did ask me if she had a history of depression which was a resounding yes. She got there about 7 pm Monday night and the ER doc said she was in bad shape by the time she got there. They had to immediately intubate her. Then around 10 or so she started crashing and they had been doing chest compressions for 30 minutes by the time they called me. I told them to stop as she had a DNR at the original hospital. I don't think mom could live without dad; I think she gave up fighting and trying. I'm struggling with hers more than my dad's as all the nurses I had spoken to told me she was getting better.

Part of me is okay with this as her and dad are together again and whole and no pain, etc., but I will miss their physical presence. Especially as they lived with us. I told my DH the house is so quiet; it's like the teenagers have left home. So in a few weeks I will be doing a dual memorial for them (as I am the only child).

Between work, phone calls, etc. I have been so swamped I hadn't had a chance to check in let alone scrap. Maybe next weekend. Last deadline for season is 10/15.

Ya'll enjoy the rest of your Saturday.
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

sdwhru wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:21 pm So not sure exactly where to start but my Mom passed away Monday night. Her death, I was surprised with. As the nurses kept telling me she was stable, they were lowering her oxygen, etc. So Monday they moved her from the hospital she was in to a longer-term hospital. The intake personal at the long term hospital did ask me if she had a history of depression which was a resounding yes. She got there about 7 pm Monday night and the ER doc said she was in bad shape by the time she got there. They had to immediately intubate her. Then around 10 or so she started crashing and they had been doing chest compressions for 30 minutes by the time they called me. I told them to stop as she had a DNR at the original hospital. I don't think mom could live without dad; I think she gave up fighting and trying. I'm struggling with hers more than my dad's as all the nurses I had spoken to told me she was getting better.

Part of me is okay with this as her and dad are together again and whole and no pain, etc., but I will miss their physical presence. Especially as they lived with us. I told my DH the house is so quiet; it's like the teenagers have left home. So in a few weeks I will be doing a dual memorial for them (as I am the only child).

Between work, phone calls, etc. I have been so swamped I hadn't had a chance to check in let alone scrap. Maybe next weekend. Last deadline for season is 10/15.

oh, my dear Becca, I am so sorry to hear that your mom passed away. I'd give you a hug if I could reach you. I will keep you in my prayers
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

sdwhru wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:21 pm So not sure exactly where to start but my Mom passed away Monday night. Her death, I was surprised with. As the nurses kept telling me she was stable, they were lowering her oxygen, etc. So Monday they moved her from the hospital she was in to a longer-term hospital. The intake personal at the long term hospital did ask me if she had a history of depression which was a resounding yes. She got there about 7 pm Monday night and the ER doc said she was in bad shape by the time she got there. They had to immediately intubate her. Then around 10 or so she started crashing and they had been doing chest compressions for 30 minutes by the time they called me. I told them to stop as she had a DNR at the original hospital. I don't think mom could live without dad; I think she gave up fighting and trying. I'm struggling with hers more than my dad's as all the nurses I had spoken to told me she was getting better.

I'm so deeply sorry to hear of your loss. There are no words. Sending lots of comfort your way.
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Thank you, ladies; I deeply appreciate it.

Return to “Daily Chatter”