Grown children

Tamara
Challenge Team

Grown children

Post by Tamara »

Do you ever just want to ring their necks? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DIL Birthday is tomorrow but our family get together so to speak is tonight. DD and her daughter have been playing in Southern Utah after a spur of the moment trip planned the night before they left. My DD has a habit of pushing a trip to the max like last year when we went to Disneyland she had to have us go ther the morning of the day of our flight home so my batteries were being used all of that time. By the time we got to the airport and I got stalled in security for an hour, I obviously didn't get my batteries plugged in at the airport before our flight. As soon as I was frisked full body THREE times I go to the gate and ten minutes later they started boarding while I was trying to hurry and eat something. The fight attendant told me when I boarded they had no electricity to charge my battery which meant I would run out before landing and getting home. Grateful that the pilot was standing next to her when I pled my case and she offered to charge them in the cockpit. Huge KUDOS to Jet Blue! But that story isn't my beef today.

So if you are still reading. She calls me and tells me that they are just leaving St. George and will probably not make it home to stop at my DIL for her birthday. Also a side not. Her family has not been to her last three or four birthdays because of vacations and travelling and such. But DD twists it and tells me I don't know why they are doing it at 5:30. H-e-l-l-o Because YOU said you would be home Sunday night so they planned it around YOU!!!
hotel checkout is early enough for you to zip home!!! But no! They had to go shopping and to Barnes and Nobel because Granddaughter loves to browse for hours and it is a big one. Then she had to get fabric at JoAnns like she doesn't have three off them with short distances from her house. Mind you they went to St. George to see Plays that are held in the evening! What the heck did you do for THREE whole days????? Why was it so important for you to drag your feet this morning? And then she proceeds to tell me that their water heater went out yesterday. And her husband can't buy a new one until she gets home because she does the finances and they have to discuss it. The one he wants is double what they had before. and she has a 20% home depot coupon that they could use. Oh and she also hasn't printed off a gift certificate for DIL. so that would take some time. She could come straight to their house but then would be in a hurry and doesn't think that would be nice. Well her not going is going to start the tension all over again that we just repaired from last years issues. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

For those off you that made it to the end, you deserve a prize! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Re: Grown children

Post by Patti »

I feel your pain!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Both of my kids get along nicely. . . .but one has her own time named after her, and the other if famously early foe everything. . . .Jackie would soooo be your daughter in this case! LOL with pushing things to the final minutes, and stressing everyone out along the way. Again. good thing mine get along!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I'm so glad I don't have this problem. My step-daughter is usually very well organized and on time. If she is running late it's because of her pain in the a** boyfriend/fiancee who is late for everything. He drives me crazy!!!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Well it went fine. DD and granddaughter stopped by on their way home so it worked out. We had a good night with the active boys loving on us and DIL loved the Disney album I did with their Disney pics. She said she hasn't even had time to do the kids baby books. I reminded her that I did one for each of them for their first year and she said she was glad that I did. Any way our visit went well.
Thanks for letting me vent!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Tamara, what a story. too bad you DD isn't more attentive to her time. glad it all worked out and your DIL was appreciative of the album you made her
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Sounds kinda high maintenance (no offense) but glad it all worked out in the end

Return to “Daily Chatter”