Sunday, Sept. 12

Tracy F
Challenge Team

Sunday, Sept. 12

Post by Tracy F »

Good Morning or almost afternoon!
I was up early for some 5K training. After 1/2 hour of walking we went into the gym and worked out on all the machines. It's been a couple of years since I've done that and I forgot how much I liked it. Might have to start going again.
I've got laundry going and then hoping to scrap. Feels like I say that everyday but never make it to my scraproom. Hopefully today will be different!
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: Sunday, Sept. 12

Post by Deanna13 »

Good Morning Tracy and everyone!! Busy weekend with running up to grandson Nate's soccer game, then visiting at their house and then onto Mother-in-laws. It's an hour drive each way. Then, taking care of DD's doggies and cats because they were away the day and overnight. Went to help granddaughter with a bit of laundry this morning. She's so busy with college and working. Try to help out before we leave the end of the month.

Just trying to recuperate a bit today, catch up on laundry, and hopefully scrap.

Have a good day, everyone!
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Good Morning!!
Made Kamut waffles this morning with sliced peaches and whipping cream. So Good! Today is a relaxing sort of day. Still doing virtual church and then should have some time to scrap. I don't want to fall behind. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haven't even decided what's for dinner but loving that we got some fresh tomatoes yesterday so I do know they will be on the menu. also corn on the cob.
Yesterday was a full day. Got some great pre pics of the jumpers that planned on jumping out of the plane. We had to wait for weather cooperation and when the first two got the ok they got ready, the pilot went down the runway to fuel up , came back and just when they were thinking in was a go, they scrubbed it for the day because another cell of rain clouds were coming in. Now it is rescheduled for next Friday at 8:00 am. DH has to work but I could drive myself, it would just be in rush hour traffic for the first hour drive and we would have to leave at 6:00 am so I might decide closer to it.
Happy Sunday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Tamara wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:05 am Yesterday was a full day. Got some great pre pics of the jumpers that planned on jumping out of the plane. We had to wait for weather cooperation and when the first two got the ok they got ready, the pilot went down the runway to fuel up , came back and just when they were thinking in was a go, they scrubbed it for the day because another cell of rain clouds were coming in. Now it is rescheduled for next Friday at 8:00 am. DH has to work but I could drive myself, it would just be in rush hour traffic for the first hour drive and we would have to leave at 6:00 am so I might decide closer to it.
Happy Sunday!
We went to the Balloonfest here yesterday - which was a full day of events and activities. We had jumpers (Geronimo Skydiving Team), Paramotoring (Paradigm Aerobatic Team), and insane air shows (my favorite was by Jason Flood) - along with other activities - BMX shows (Dialed Action Sports Team) . . .we basically spent the whole day there watching several different shows only to be told a half hour before the actual balloon launch (the whole reason I wanted to go) had been cancelled due to the increase of winds. . . now I'm not saying I had a bad time, but the whole reason for going was to see the launch. :mrgreen: Last year we went as well, and it was cancelled due to rain. We're going again next year - third times a charm right?
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Afternoon ladies - been a busy morning here today as well. Went out to breakfast at the Marine Corp League this morning with Shawn - about 45 mins away, and then we stopped at the bar that his friend Pat owns to say hi and hang out for a bit. Now we're home and I'm trying to get things done in preparation for the upcoming work week. This week is going to be rough, and if I looked at my schedule correctly I'll have 7 hours of overtime by Friday, and will be working two nights until closing, with Tuesday being 8 pm. We did actually hire someone and she'll start the 27th, but in the meantime, we're still short, and the remainder of us are taking our final vacations . . . then I'm hoping to spend some time in the scraproom this afternoon while Shawn watches football.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

tammyfolk wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:12 pm
Tamara wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:05 am Yesterday was a full day. Got some great pre pics of the jumpers that planned on jumping out of the plane. We had to wait for weather cooperation and when the first two got the ok they got ready, the pilot went down the runway to fuel up , came back and just when they were thinking in was a go, they scrubbed it for the day because another cell of rain clouds were coming in. Now it is rescheduled for next Friday at 8:00 am. DH has to work but I could drive myself, it would just be in rush hour traffic for the first hour drive and we would have to leave at 6:00 am so I might decide closer to it.
Happy Sunday!
We went to the Balloonfest here yesterday - which was a full day of events and activities. We had jumpers (Geronimo Skydiving Team), Paramotoring (Paradigm Aerobatic Team), and insane air shows (my favorite was by Jason Flood) - along with other activities - BMX shows (Dialed Action Sports Team) . . .we basically spent the whole day there watching several different shows only to be told a half hour before the actual balloon launch (the whole reason I wanted to go) had been cancelled due to the increase of winds. . . now I'm not saying I had a bad time, but the whole reason for going was to see the launch. :mrgreen: Last year we went as well, and it was cancelled due to rain. We're going again next year - third times a charm right?
That would of been awesome to see the balloons launched. So sorry, yes next year for sure! It has certainly been a weird weather year. All the amazing sunflowers that are everywhere are suppose to mean lots of snow this winter but I can't find the actual info on it. It was jut something that was told from generation to generation from the Indians. We could definitely use the water.
Last edited by Tamara on Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Hello. I'm working on dinner and I have not get in my scrap room yet. Turkey burgers and mac and cheese with side salad for dessert.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

A day of working after treating the dog this morning. I made her bleed with the IV needle; there was so much blood. I hate that I did that. Anyway just me at the office by myself so I could just work and zone. DH made frozen pizza for supper and I stopped at Dollar General and got some canned chicken and she ate that all up and actually wagged her tail a little bit when I came in. She hasn’t done that for four days and today I would have understood if she hadn’t of :lol: :(

Return to “Daily Chatter”