FOOT PAIN?

sthom97093
Challenge Team

FOOT PAIN?

Post by sthom97093 »

Do any of you out there deal with plantar fasciitis or foot pain in general? I started walking on cement after spending all winter on my treadmill, and ever since, my right foot has been a mess. It's definitely in the plantar fascia area, but it seems to be circulating throughout my foot. If you have had similar issues, what has worked for you? Trying to avoid a cortisone shot at all costs....Those are atrocious! Work, but holy cow painful! THANKS!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: FOOT PAIN?

Post by Tamara »

I have constant foot pain but it is neuropathy. I take meds and have a weighted blanket that helps. My DH has a neuroma on the ball of his foot. He had surgery to remove it and it has grown back. He rest it and ices it. He did get a cortisone shot this week and it made a world of difference. I have had friends with your issues. Does it help if you ice it? I'm sorry you have to deal with it. Foot pain is no fun. Does it make a difference if you wear a shoe with cushion? I hope you can figure something out.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Tamara wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:13 pm I have constant foot pain but it is neuropathy. I take meds and have a weighted blanket that helps. My DH has a neuroma on the ball of his foot. He had surgery to remove it and it has grown back. He rest it and ices it. He did get a cortisone shot this week and it made a world of difference. I have had friends with your issues. Does it help if you ice it? I'm sorry you have to deal with it. Foot pain is no fun. Does it make a difference if you wear a shoe with cushion? I hope you can figure something out.
Good ideas. Last night I felt like I had an electric shock happening in my big toe. The whole right foot is inflamed. Ice does help. Tylenol helps. Cortisone is immediate relief but last resort. I'm trying to only walk when necessary today, and that has seemed to help as well.
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I can't help with your foot pain and I am sorry you're going through it. A podiatrist told me you shouldn't walk on concrete if you walk alot, like everyday. It's not good for your feet, ankles, knees and hips. It's too hard and doesn't give. She suggested I walk on the street as long as it's safe. Luckily in my community we have golf cart paths on the sides of our streets that I walk on.
I know this doesn't help you but just thought I'd pass it on.
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

sthom97093 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 pm
Tamara wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:13 pm I have constant foot pain but it is neuropathy. I take meds and have a weighted blanket that helps. My DH has a neuroma on the ball of his foot. He had surgery to remove it and it has grown back. He rest it and ices it. He did get a cortisone shot this week and it made a world of difference. I have had friends with your issues. Does it help if you ice it? I'm sorry you have to deal with it. Foot pain is no fun. Does it make a difference if you wear a shoe with cushion? I hope you can figure something out.
Good ideas. Last night I felt like I had an electric shock happening in my big toe. The whole right foot is inflamed. Ice does help. Tylenol helps. Cortisone is immediate relief but last resort. I'm trying to only walk when necessary today, and that has seemed to help as well.
My daughter has been dealing with foot pain too. She has been unable to walk due to the pain. She is having blood work done, because it started with lots of pain the big toe, then it moved to the top of her foot, then to the ankle, and they are suggesting it's untreated gout.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

My first thought was gout.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I have pain in my left heel. It feels like I'm being stabbed with a hot poker. It's been going on for several months now.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

Jan Mosier wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:05 pm I have pain in my left heel. It feels like I'm being stabbed with a hot poker. It's been going on for several months now.

Yep. She has been dealing with this since November. Just when the swelling starts to go down and she thinks it's getting better, it flairs up again. She put off going to the doctor because she thought it was because she hasn't really been wearing shoes (working from home), and just slippers or socks - no support. It varies from the toe, the foot and the ankle. She never knows what to expect or when. I don't know about the bloodwork, but she is finally getting in for an x-ray this saturday.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Wendy wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:36 am
Jan Mosier wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:05 pm I have pain in my left heel. It feels like I'm being stabbed with a hot poker. It's been going on for several months now.

Yep. She has been dealing with this since November. Just when the swelling starts to go down and she thinks it's getting better, it flairs up again. She put off going to the doctor because she thought it was because she hasn't really been wearing shoes (working from home), and just slippers or socks - no support. It varies from the toe, the foot and the ankle. She never knows what to expect or when. I don't know about the bloodwork, but she is finally getting in for an x-ray this saturday.
Let me know what they say. I'm thinking mine is plantar fasciitis.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Wendy wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:36 am

I hate to hear this...foot pain totally messes with quality of life. Especially at such a young age. Sending her good vibes and hopefully she gets some answers very soon!

Return to “Daily Chatter”