COVID Vaccine.....

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

COVID Vaccine.....

Post by Jan Mosier »

who has taken it and who hasn't?

My family have all had theirs but I'm still sitting on the fence as to whether or not I want to take it. I'm concerned they rushed the vaccine and also concerned about possible long term side effects.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: COVID Vaccine.....

Post by Deanna13 »

DH, Mom, Mil, have all had theirs. I've had the 1st one and get the 2nd on April 13th Moderna. DH and I mostly are getting it because we like to travel outside the US and are going to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic in May. Youngest DD wasn't rushing to get it until a few days ago they were called to see if they wanted to get the Johnson & Johnson one because they had extra. She and her husband went ahead and got it because they want to be ready to cruise whenever they open that up. She called me right away because she knew I always wanted that one to be 'one and done'. LOL

Anyway, I do worry that it will have long term side effects for our kids and grandkids down the road. Possible birth defects are really scary to me.

DH is retiring in June. If we weren't getting older, we are 61 and 63 and didn't care to travel outside the US we might possibly not have gotten it right now.
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I got my first vaccine. It was the pfezer one
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

I work in a hospital so I got both of mine early on in 2021. Like Jan I was very hesitant and wanted to wait and see how it affected others and what not, but as people were coming and going at work to get theirs, and all the head counts, and such, I ultimately caved to peer pressure. Not 100% peer pressure, but it was a determining factor. I know Garrett wants his as soon as it's available, and Shawn has scheduled his first vaccine with the VA sometime next week (can't recall the exact day).
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I got my 1st one and get my 2nd on the 15th. Dh got both of his back in Feb. My brother and SIL got theirs and so did my stepdaughter. Her fiancee says he doesn't need one since he had Covid. That really bothers me since they live together with my 2 granddaughters who are too young to get the vaccine and they just started back to in room school. I also worry about the long term side effects but I want to travel and get back to normal as much as possible.
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I haven't, nor have I signed up neither has DH. Only my mom has, but I am after DH to have his done - he has underlying conditions and now has asthma. It took me until this year at 45 to get the flu shot :lol: I'm not in any hurry but we do like to travel so that has me thinking about doing it. I guess I'm just like if you have taken other vaccines - like shingle, pneumonia, herpes, etc. - shouldn't have much drawback about it. Besides do you know what you are putting in yourself with medicines, fast food, etc?
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

I have gotten the two doses, Pfizer. Jorge scheduled his with the VA sometime this month.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

I was thrilled to death to finally be able to get it because now I have a life again. We are going on a road trip in two weeks that would not have been possible had we not been vaccinated. We were very careful this year. I have several family members who work in the healthcare industry and there is nothing to be concerned about. The more people that get it the more we can get rid of this. I know people have different opinions but the research that was done on this is amazing and it’s 95% effective. That is pretty good odds. I did have a horrible reaction to the shingles shot it is nothing compared to the flu shot or this shot. And if anyone would’ve had side effects, it would’ve been me with my luck and I did just fine neither one no nausea no headache barely sore.
It doesn’t mean we are mask free we still need to be careful. But at least now I can go places again. It also means that if you do get Covid he will have a milder case. I wouldn’t wish Covid on anyone. You have to do what is right for you and what your gut is telling you. Be safe!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Jan Mosier wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:33 am who has taken it and who hasn't?

My family have all had theirs but I'm still sitting on the fence as to whether or not I want to take it. I'm concerned they rushed the vaccine and also concerned about possible long term side effects.
Jan, we're totally with you about the rushed timing and the possible long term effects. Plus the possibility that it actually can change your DNA. I know that there's a lot of media and online places that say that's not true but I like to check things out for myself and there's just way too much doubt about that. Also the fact that they are using aborted baby parts to develop this. They try to deny it by calling them something else but that part is true for at least one of them. We don't travel and we live on an island that has had a total of less than 50 cases since the whole thing started for a population of over 2,000. It's just not something we're comfortable with. So for now our answer is no we're not getting them. Plus the shots aren't really a vaccine... I'm just concerned that people think they're safe once they have it and that's really not the case because now there are so many strains. Just way too many questions for us... We could change our minds down the road but for now we're firm on our no.
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Neither DH and I have had it and at this time have no plans to. We both had Covid in early 2020 before it was called Covid. Then it was a virus the doctors didn't know what to call or do about it. I have read reports from doctors other than Faucci and there is some disagreement about whether or not it is necessary. Ginni is correct about the fetal cells that are used in the J & J and that were used in developing the others although they were not in the final vaccines. We have continued to live our lives as normal as possible while abiding by the mandates. We have had tons of people in and out of our home over the last year and have traveled both nationally and internationally. As new research is coming out we are finding out more and more of what it doesn't do. I take my vitamin D and spend time in the sun...both of which kill the virus. I wear a mask where required but I am terrible at social distancing!
This has to be a personal decision resulting from good information and study and not from political power or fear. If President Biden is successful in getting his Vaccine Passport for travel then we will have to reconsider because of the traveling DH does for disaster relief including Covid, Ebola, etc.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”