COVID Vaccine.....

sthom97093
Challenge Team

Re: COVID Vaccine.....

Post by sthom97093 »

My husband & I had the Moderna vaccine. Other than a sore arm and feeling a little blah the day after, I had no side effects. Neither did he.

My husband is a paramedic, SWAT team medic, fire chief. Long story short, he has a lot of interaction with a lot of doctors who were 100% confident in the vaccine. My school district offered it, and I took it. Working with the public, having an autoimmune disorder which requires an immunosuppressant drug every 8 weeks, I wanted the added protection.

In summary, I have no regrets.
GinniG
Station Chef

Re: COVID Vaccine.....

Post by GinniG »

Patti wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:54 am Neither DH and I have had it and at this time have no plans to. We both had Covid in early 2020 before it was called Covid. Then it was a virus the doctors didn't know what to call or do about it. I have read reports from doctors other than Faucci and there is some disagreement about whether or not it is necessary. Ginni is correct about the fetal cells that are used in the J & J and that were used in developing the others although they were not in the final vaccines. We have continued to live our lives as normal as possible while abiding by the mandates. We have had tons of people in and out of our home over the last year and have traveled both nationally and internationally. As new research is coming out we are finding out more and more of what it doesn't do. I take my vitamin D and spend time in the sun...both of which kill the virus. I wear a mask where required but I am terrible at social distancing!
This has to be a personal decision resulting from good information and study and not from political power or fear. If President Biden is successful in getting his Vaccine Passport for travel then we will have to reconsider because of the traveling DH does for disaster relief including Covid, Ebola, etc.
Patti, how did you know you had Covid? I think I had it too. I got super sick in September 2019 and haven't been healthy since. I had a LOT of the same symptoms but don't remember if I lost my taste or smell. I was in the ER twice and did 3 rounds of steroids and antibiotics before I could finally stop coughing and start to function a little bit.

I also agree that this is a personal decision and that everyone should make their own decision. I'm not too happy about the government "forcing" us to have it but if I want to see my daughter and her 2 sons in North Carolina I may have to reconsider myself...
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”