Grocery store

Tamara
Challenge Team

Grocery store

Post by Tamara »

So I have literally have only been in a grocery store once in the past year. DH has done all of the shopping and been amazing! Tonight we are going to pick up food for Easter Sunday. We are just doing little rolls and sandwiches and veggie tray because it will just be the boys that are eating. DS and DIL are on a diet where I think they really only eat one meal a day and then protein bars the rest of the time. My son has lost 35 poundsAnd looks fabulous. My other grandkids will be on their way to Hawaii
depending on how their grandpa is doing. He was told he may not make it through the day yesterday after a heart attack. He has been in the hospital for weeks because of leukemia and chemo treatments. All the tests came back the other day that he is cancer free and then he had this massive setback with his heart yesterday.
Anyway tonight I will be going to the grocery store. We are hoping it will be less crowded than tomorrow or Saturday. I also need to pick up some stuff for the Easter egg hunt. Is there anything in particular that I need to be aware of? Do you think I will have forgotten how to shop? What did I miss this past year by avoiding the store?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: Grocery store

Post by Tracy F »

I don't think you've missed anything except some items being out of stock. You might still encounter that problem. I had been looking for some dill weed for a couple of months and every store was out. Finally found some last week at Walmart.
Good luck and enjoy your shopping trip!
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Not much has changed. Prices may be a little higher on some items and Lysol items are no where to be found.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Our grocery store is very crowded! We will be going earlier from now on.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Lolis wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:52 pm Our grocery store is very crowded! We will be going earlier from now on.
We went at 7o’clock at night. And it was barely crowded. DH used to go on a Friday night and run into everyone. He doesn’t do that anymore. If he goes right after dinner then he gets all the people coming home from work stopping at the store on their way home. We are still planning on doing some home delivery in between our regular grocery shopping
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

I still haven't been inside a grocery store in almost a year. Shawn still does all the grocery shopping, so I really have no info to add other than every trip he takes he has some negative comment about how the prices keep increases, and when he hits a meat sale, he tends to buy in bulk and tries to keep the deep freezer stocked.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Tamara wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:59 pm
Lolis wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:52 pm Our grocery store is very crowded! We will be going earlier from now on.
We went at 7o’clock at night. And it was barely crowded. DH used to go on a Friday night and run into everyone. He doesn’t do that anymore. If he goes right after dinner then he gets all the people coming home from work stopping at the store on their way home. We are still planning on doing some home delivery in between our regular grocery shopping
We drive an hour each way and try to be there before 10 AM , but we’re going to go back to 7 AM
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”