Monday - 3/29/2021

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Monday - 3/29/2021

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning peeps!

What's going on in your world today?? I'm super thrilled about work today (not) . . .as we have two call offs already this morning. And what makes it worse, they knew on Friday they were going to not be in, so why not tell us then so we could've called patients and rescheduled their appointments, etc. . .

I started a layout last night, and had to stop to watch TWD, but returned to it after. Other than printing the journaling out, and cutting the title (as I don't have enough Ds in the stickers that I want to use), I'm gonna call it done. I really want to use black splatters, but my splattering game sooooo needs work, and I don't want to have to change the background paper yet again (it's a pattern with me - ask Jan, lol)

Anywoo, I'm heading out to work in a few minutes. I should be out by 4:30 at the latest, and then I need to make a Walmart (dreading this) run to gather things for the Easter baskets, and I don't want to be that person that waits until the last minute. . .

Have a great day lasies.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Re: Monday - 3/29/2021

Post by Wendy »

Good morning. It should be a very easy week. the big boss is out of town, so I can take it easy and try and plan scrapping stuff ahead.
I went to the scrapbook store Saturday and spent a ton of money that I shouldn't have. At least I organized it and put it all away when I got home. I also purged more of my papers.
I had some random boxes of stuff that I needed to sort through and toss or put it away. I went through the kids game closet and got rid of tons of crayons, markers and paints that my kids won't use anymore. That freed up almost 5 drawers! That seriously motivated me to do more. Hubby has been organizing the garage. We were using old bookcases to store stuff out there. We replaced them with the heavy duty metal shelving units. SSOOOOOO much more storage space! And it encouraged him to purge stuff...with my influence of course. I don't understand WHY men insist on keeping every old car part from every car we have ever had! Old gaskets that were "not quite used up"...??? He was so not happy, but I laughed and teased him until he tossed it. THEN, he said he was going to help me purge my scrap stuff!! :shock: :shock:
Anyway, not I have room in the garage to stock up and store stuff out there - paper goods, canned goods, bottles of laundry soap...which frees up more room in the house. I"m starting to like this Spring cleaning stuff!

I have a layout I need to finish up for a challenge tonight. As I stare at my stash. clueless on what I want to do. Hopefully, I can find some play time today to find some inspiration.

Have a great day!
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Good Morning. I am going to the chiropractor this morning. YEAH. then to visit mom. I emptied my big freezer last night and defrosted it. It is a 20+ year old freezer and was full of ice that I couldn't put stuff it it very well. So it is now all cleaned and dried so I plugged it back in and will be able to put the food in it later. there should be some time for scrapping later today.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Morning everyone!! Just been doing laundry and cleaning up the house a bit. Need to run to the grocery store and post office. We have grandson Brady's first Track meet this evening and it's his first year. DH is working on the deck and then we'll run errands.

Just planning on scrapping and working on assignments today.
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Tammy I totally understand your frustration. That was ridiculous for the drs. to do that. IT has always bothered my DH that the dr. wants you to your appt on time even id he isn't on time and they have no consideration for your time. (The dentist I worked for was always talking too much and getting behind and then we look bad when the patients stare at us wondering why we are not calling them back to their appt.) haha

Wendy my DH does the same thing to me but I don't let him in my room so that won't happen. :mrgreen: He says it gives him anxiety so he is fine to walk past the door.

Well family pics went good other than the wind in a few of them. DH was having a panic attack in the car just waiting for everyone to arrive because he was so worried they would blow up at each other. I hope the photographer is able to work some magic. Can't wait to see them now.

This morning I have to run to the sleep dr, and my pulmonary dr. to get my drivers paper signed that I wear oxygen. I hate that I have to do it every year. This time I am taking the initiative and walking it to each of them so I can mail it. Two years ago the sleep dr. faxed it in with only their signature and the DMV sent it back to me saying it was incomplete. Then last year I mailed it to my pulmonologist and they walked it down for me to the sleep dr. Thank goodness they are in the same bldg now. I just decided I would fill better about making sure it gets done properly. Otherwise I get pulled over and my license could be suspended and I not know it.
That's it for me today, then I will piddle in the scrap room. I filled up another family album completely last night and started a new one but I need to order more pages from CM. and I am ready to print more pics but the next six months are missing from my photos. I may have to get creative on that one!
Happy Monday!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I was up early for my walk and it was hot, humid and foggy today! I have a meeting at noon and then I can play maybe. Yesterday a long lost cousin contacted me thru FB. We sent messages back and forth all afternoon and found out we live about 2 hours away from each other. I don't think I've seen her since sometime back in the 90's. Hopefully, once we all get vaccinated we can get together.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Tracy F wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:21 am I was up early for my walk and it was hot, humid and foggy today! I have a meeting at noon and then I can play maybe. Yesterday a long lost cousin contacted me thru FB. We sent messages back and forth all afternoon and found out we live about 2 hours away from each other. I don't think I've seen her since sometime back in the 90's. Hopefully, once we all get vaccinated we can get together.
Tracy that sounds fantastic!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Tamara wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:09 pm
Tracy F wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:21 am I was up early for my walk and it was hot, humid and foggy today! I have a meeting at noon and then I can play maybe. Yesterday a long lost cousin contacted me thru FB. We sent messages back and forth all afternoon and found out we live about 2 hours away from each other. I don't think I've seen her since sometime back in the 90's. Hopefully, once we all get vaccinated we can get together.
Tracy that sounds fantastic!! That would be fun to meet up. Hope it can happen soon for you. :D
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Hello everyone! I didn't scrapbook this past weekend...Instead, I wrote my 10 page research paper for my class. I know, don't be jealous... :lol: We are starting Spring Break on Friday, and I really wanted to have that monkey off my back so I could enjoy my time off scrapbooking, reading, reorganizing bathroom drawers...FUN STUFF! Anyway, hope you all have had a good Monday and get some fun time for yourself in. :)
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Good evening! We went to the Greensboro Science Center today...zoo and aquarium--and then miniature golfing. Kept the grands busy. Tyler is making bread right now but I doubt it will be ready for dinner. The next 2 days they have school so they will just be hanging out at the house while my daughter and I do a little shopping. Enjoy your evening everyone!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”