Are you a Reader?

Deanna13
Challenge Team

Are you a Reader?

Post by Deanna13 »

Do you enjoy reading?

If so, do you read regular in print books or have a reader? What type of books do you prefer?

I've had a Kobo reader for many years. I used to mostly read while we were on vacation relaxing at the beach or on the airplane, but lately I've been reading 2-3 chapters each day or so. It seems to relax my mind. I prefer reading historical romance type books.
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Are you a Reader?

Post by Tamara »

I'm not a good reader but occasionally will grab a book. I am pretty spoiled and even like when the auto books read to me! :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

I am a reader. I equally like my Kindle App on my phone and actual books. I love the smell of a real book. The smell of fresh ink on the pages is intoxicating! I'm currently reading a book called The Dutch House by Ann Patchett that is fabulous! It was a Jenna Bush Hager Book Club pick last year, and was a Pulitzer Prize Finalist. In other words, whatever method you like to use to read, HIGHLY recommend this one. But I love my Kindle App & public library app called Libby to listen to audio books. I walk approximately 5 miles a day; 3 of which on my treadmill where I listen to an audio book. I love to listen to suspense on the treadmill because it keeps me from realizing how much more I have to walk to hit my mileage! Right now I'm listening to a book that's on the NYC Top 10 best seller list called The Sanatorium by Sarah Pease. It's kept me on that treadmill longer than I expected. So in summary, I'm a hybrid reader. There is a time and place for all types of reading. It definitely takes up less space to read an audio or online book, but something special about a hard copy.
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I have a Kindle that I use every day. I've always read probably because I didn't grow up with tv. When I was a kid, every night my parents, brother and I would lay in our parents bed and read. I still read in bed every night before I go to sleep....it really helps me unwind. I also like real books...the smell and feel just takes me back to my childhood. We have a library here in our community which I use frequently. My favorite type is Historical Fiction. Right now I'm reading A Court of Contempt by Rebekah Lee Jenkins, it's an Historical Thriller about the 1st female lawyer in Canada.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

My iPad is me e-reader. I still buy books, but usually the ones that I’ve read and liked. Also there’s the space issue, I don’t have space in my house for the 500+ books I carry in my iPad. I need the space in my house for paper and crafting supplies.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Yes, but I have gotten out of the habit. I try to read some each night before I go to bed and I really need to get back to that....
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I read all the time...on my phone, my kindle, my laptop, or even a book. I love mysteries.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”