Thursday - 2/18/2021

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Thursday - 2/18/2021

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning ladies . . .

. . . .well, it's day who knows with this headache. Maybe it's the weather, as it's snowing again, and my blood pressure is up a bit with the anticipation of having to drive to work this morning?? Who knows, I'm just over it, but so very grateful that G has remote learning for school this week. Even though it's not the ideal college experience for him, I (as a mom) am grateful his inexperienced self doesn't have to be out on the roads this morning.

So what's everyone up to today? Anyone doing anything exciting? Anyone scrapping? How's the weather where you are?
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Re: Thursday - 2/18/2021

Post by Wendy »

Good morning,

Tammy, I'm having the same issues today. It's snowing again and I can already feel the headache starting. Woke up to another inch of snow this morning. I'm so miserable. It's really hard to focus on anything. I finished a page last night, but I've been working on it all week. It never takes me that long to finish a page. But with these headaches, I have to focus on work and the house first, not knowing when I'm going to have to give in and stay in bed all day. I'm hoping this is the worst it gets today. It's there, but bearable right now.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Tammy and Wendy, I hope you both get some relief from your headaches soon. It just might be the weather....I used to have the same problem when I lived up north.

We have a warm and sunny day today, thankfully. We are headed to Epcot today where they are having the Festival of Arts. Lots of fun things to do and lots of different food booths to try.

Have a great day ladies!
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Morning! ladies, I hope the headaches get better. I too wonder if it is weather related. One of my house guests is leaving today and the other is deployed to CA but will be back next Wed. instead of people, I will have a couple of extra dogs this weekend. One is the result of a friend having emergency surgery and no one to watch her dog and the other we are watching for neighbors. Hope they all get along!
We have ice and sleet but not too bad yet. I'm making time for scrapping this morning to finish yesterday's challenge and then it will be cleaning the guest room so it will be ready for whoever comes next. May you find something to be joyful today in spite of all the snow and cold.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Fighting with the cat for the laptop again. Anywho, the mobile groomer is here today and she is parked outside my back door grooming LoLa at the moment and Miss Maybelline is next. No plans today as it's raining again and its suppose to rain all day and tomorrow. Our rivers are already overflowing. I guess we are lucky compared to all the snow, downed trees and power lines the rest of the country is dealing with.

To all those with snow, stay safe and warm.
Tammy and Wendy, hope the headaches go away soon.
Patti, enjoy those extra dogs.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Good morning!
So sorry about the headaches.
Tracy Enjoy your sunny day at Epcot!
I have a haircut appointment late this morning. Hope it isn't too soon before our family pics at the end of march. It just fell on this week but I am a little worried. I am also running down to my dads to drop off a bday present to my nephew and take my dad lunch. It's the only good day this week between storms. I really want to divert and shop at some stores!!! I need some new things for my tier tray and St. Patricks day. I mentioned to DH that I really need to go to hobby Lobby. (i have been there only once in a year!) He said he would take me there on Saturday and if we go early we can avoid crowds. It's so funny that he thinks he has to be with me. Does he think I am going to take down my mask to talk to everyone I see? :lol: :lol: :lol: I told him the dollar store just doesn't have the stuff that I want. I'll grab some fabric while I am there too and make up some more Valentines aprons for Etsy and a friend. Slowly trying to edge my way back into the real world :lol: :lol: :lol:
Happy Thursday!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

No big plans for today. We went to the fitness center this Morning. We are going swimming this afternoon and out to dinner tonight. There should be some time to scrap
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Tammy and Wendy, I think the headaches are weather related too. I've been fighting the tightness and pain off and on all week. And today I just had to use the nebulizer again. Hope you both feel better soon!

Patti, enjoy your doggie guests! Hope they're getting along well!

We had to go to town today. Thank God I took my heavy winter coat! When we left home it was just sprinkling a little but when we got to town it was absolutely howling! Wind blowing and pouring rain! And of course we had to make a bunch of stops... I have trouble wearing the mask because of my asthma - even with air vents! So that got me started coughing and I couldn't stop even with 2 doses of the rescue inhaler! The nebulizer should have done the trick but now I'm all shaky so I'm done for tonight. And it's only 4:30... But we got a LOT done that we've needed to get done for awhile. Things are starting to get much better organized here at last!

Hope you're all having a great evening!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Dad gave me a ride to work this morning with his 4 X 4 truck; tomorrow the streets should be clear enough. The snow is melting good today. Supposed to be in the 30’s tomorrow, also.

Ladies, sorry about the headaches that keep happening. Have y’all tried sinus headache medicine? I’m not sure on any relief other than peppermint headache sticks that you can rub on your temple or on the back of your neck, too. No scrapping for me tonight, but am putting my dies in a folder so am doing a little scrappy items.
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Just catching up a day late.....LOL

Alittle more snow and spent the day making puzzles and playing card games while the grandkids played on their electronics. They did go out and sled ride with a few of the neighbor kids here. One of the neighbor boys was going around shoveling driveways and since ours had already melted we asked him to shovel the old ladies' drive across from us and paid him for that. He said, "She doesn't go anywhere (as she doesn't drive anymore) and DH said that's fine, maybe someone will be able to get in." Always great to pay it forward. :)

By-the-way, the estimated time for getting DD's electric back on is now Tuesday 10pm.

She and her husband along with their large dog (little horse) LOL are staying at a nearby hotel and come and go here.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”