Wednesday - February 17th, 2021

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Wednesday - February 17th, 2021

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning ladies -

What's everyone up to today?? It's Wednesday, so it's my late night at work and I'm getting ready to head out now. Still have a headache, just lingering but still it's been pretty much there since last week. More noticeable on some days than others, but still there. I actually have a call out to my PCP in regards to her thoughts. I'm also a bit groggy this morning. . .Shawn and I took our first doses of melatonin last night - 5mg. He figured we could try it since I'm always tired, and never able to get any really good sleep these days. He read up on it for us, and we thought we'd give it a try. Anyone else use it??

So who's scrapping today? Whatcha working on??
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Re: Wednesday - February 17th, 2021

Post by Wendy »

I'm having the same issues with the headaches. I don't know why, but this past month has been horrible. I just can't seem to get rid of it completely.

I was snowed in yesterday. We got at least 18 inches of snow and then there were the drifts to deal with. I called off work because it was going to take all day to dig out. Half the company called off. So I would try shoveling for about 20 minutes before it got too cold (still in single digits here) and my head was pounding. I ended up spending most of the day on the couch.

another inch is expected today and then possibly 4 inches on Thursday.

Running to the grocery store tonight for a couple things. Hopefully, I can find the energy and inspiration to work on a page tonight, but I'm not feeling it right now.

Have a great day
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

WE GOT SNOW!!!! I know you all have been pounded but this is actually the first storm all winter that they (HOA) will have to shovel. It has to be over 2" before it qualifies and we have 4"-5" I know it doesn't sound like much but hey I'll take it. It was also the first morning that DH went to work on snow packed roads. We have what is called Lake effect storms because of the Great Salt Lake so that is why we finally got some here. The mountains are getting dumped on and that is good since we live in the desert we need snow pack to fill up our reservoirs.
Tammy and Wendy so sorry about your headaches. And yes Tammy DH takes melatonin and sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't but most people I know who take it have great results!! He needs to get his sleep pattern worked out but it is for sure I think his c-pap machine. After using it for a couple of years he went to a sleep dr. and he was suppose to be issued a bi pap. His dr. made a mistake in issuing the wrong one but to get it corrected he had to do another sleep study which he did and can't wait to get the results next Monday!
I will be scrapping some. I got all the retreat goodies cleared off and put away and the front of my desk is ready. Just wish I could do something with the other pile of clutter.
Happy Wednesday!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Sorry to hear so many of you are dealing with snow and such cold temps.

We are at Disney and today dh and I are taking a break from the parks. We spent yesterday at Hollywood Studios and got to ride all the rides we've never been on except for one of the new Star Wars rides. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with all the safety measures here. Every line is clearly marked with 6 ft intervals and there are hand sanitizer stations everywhere. You can only take you mask off if you are eating or drinking and you must be stationary and they have lots of cast members keeping an eye on everyone. Their whole system works amazingly well!
It's a rainy day here today and dh's back is killing him so we decided to stay at the hotel today. We had breakfast with everyone and sent them on to the Magic Kingdom. We'll meet them somewhere for dinner or maybe sooner if dh feels better and it stops raining.

I tried Melatonin a few years ago and it never really worked well for me. I don't know if I was taking enough or not since I never discussed it with a Dr.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

It's a stay at home day for me. Thankfully, the sun is shining today but we're expecting more rain tomorrow. No plans today other than watching tv and cuddling with the dogs.

All those with snow, stay safe and warm.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

had Bible study this am and now am cooking a big pot of vegetable soup to take to a friend who had surgery on Monday. One of our houseguests leaves tomorrow---depending on weather---and she and some of her friends are ordering out dinner tonight so I could have a night off from cooking dinner. I'm cooking anyway but it's a different kind of cooking. Going to bake some cornbread and cobbler to go with the soup. If there is still time, I plan on doing some scrapping. Hope you all feel better and stay warm!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Good afternoon everyone! Today was my 8th grade online school day which I always enjoy. I love my 8th grade curriculum, so I always have a good time on Wednesday. Got grad class tonight until 11:30 PM... Carefully doing laundry (because I'm afraid my pipes are going to freeze). Supposed to get a small round of snow tonight which means we could get nothing or a foot. The weather people seem to be missing the boat on the storms that come through my area. We did get a doozy the other day, but not the amount they predicted. Oh well...it still was a bear trying to dig out my cars! Have a good day everyone.
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Stay at home day for me as it started snowing again on top of the snow we already had from 4 pm yesterday til 10 am this morning; this is extremely unheard of for Oklahoma. I don’t think anybody in our small office was going to go in. Even the person that lives like a mile away. DH made it to work safely; just took him awhile. Yesterday at the office while I was there they were doing the rolling blackouts so I would rather not be at the office when they are doing that. This hasn’t happened at my home yet. Our temperatures are starting to climb so thankful for that.

Hope your headaches go away soon, ladies. I have never tried Melatonin so I’ no help for that. Tracy, DH & I want to go to WDW in October for a trip. Going to the scrap room pretty soon.
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Hey everyone! Seems like it's been extremely busy around here the last week or so. Daughter Michelle in Huntington, WV (2 hrs. from us) has been experiencing ice storms, no electric, trees and electric lines down. I got the kids last weekend and took them some inside propane heaters so the pipes wouldn't freeze up. Got the electric back on Sunday afternoon so we took the kids back because figured they would have school Monday. Lost their electric again on Monday and many, many more trees down with all the ice piling up. Nothing is melting. Here's a couple photos of the damage and then some kind people came by and helped them clean up. Now, they are still without power and are out of propane and no estimate when the power will be back on. So they are heading up here this evening and stay until who knows when. The kids only go to school on Mon and Tues, the rest is remote anyway.

This is all in the long driveway from the house to the road.
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Couldn't post the cleanup photo on the last thread.

My Daughter posted this on facebook after the cleanup.
3 hours, 2 friends, 3 strangers, 1 preacher, 4 chainsaws, and 5 Jacksons. We have the truck free and a path off the hill!!
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”