Thursday - 2/11/2021

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Thursday - 2/11/2021

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning ladies -

lots of snow on the ground this morning . . .and lots of call offs and school delays. I've convinced Shawn to take me to work this morning as he didn't leave at the crack of dawn this morning . . .and thank goodness too. I don't like driving in this mess, and the roads haven't been plowed yet . . .

I plan on scrapping a bit this evening and sending out a few more emails in regards to prizes for the birthday bash . . .I kinda wish they'd just say no, so I don't have to keep waiting and waiting and waiting on replies back.....uughh!

Anyone else have any scrapping plans today?
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Re: Thursday - 2/11/2021

Post by Wendy »

Good morning. 8 degrees outside today and still snowing. I am so over winter already. This is not fun anymore.
I finished up a page last night and I'm planning one out for tonight. I'm hoping to start my taxes today too.
I cannot wait till this weekend. I'm over this whole week.

Have a great day!
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

No scrapping plans as of yet. I will be heading to Columbia (Sam's) with Kyle this morning. Not sure how I will feel once I get back. I do have a load of "my" clothes to wash before the rain starts this afternoon and that's about it, so who knows, there may be some scrapping going on later tonight. ;)
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

WE are up and ready to go! We have to be to the surgical center by 9:15. I get to go back with him until the dr. comes in to talk then I have to leave the building! What not even a waiting room social distance area? So I am planning on coming back home and scrapping till they call me back. WE only live 15 minutes away. He will be in surgery for over an hour and then in Recovery for an hour so that should give me the morning to get some things done. I have projects ready to go on my desk so I should be able to get yesterdays challenge finished and then onto more retreat stuff. DH is more nervous about this wrist surgery that he was about his total knee replacement.
Have a scrappy Thursday!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Good Morning everyone!! Lots of snow here and it's still lightly snowing. No school in the area. I don't have any plans to go out other than to the mailbox. Supposed to get a couple packages and hope the mail truck doesn't just drive by. Fed Ex delivered a package yesterday and left it down by the box in the snow/rain mixture. So glad ACOT packaged it in plastic and Fed Ex even put it in a bag. It was there for 2 hours until I looked at my emails and saw it had been delivered. We didn't hear the truck and I guess I hadn't checked emails in a while. Anyway, everything was safe and sound although it looked like Fed Ex had stomped on both sides.

Tamara, I hope it all goes well with your DH!
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Tamara, hope your dh's surgery goes well!

I was up early for my morning walk but didn't walk as long since I have an exercise class this afternoon....didn't want to overdue it again. Then we had to go pick up our taxes. We didn't even get to meet with th accountant. We were given a packet to look over and sign while we were in our car. And of course we do have questions since we sold some property at a huge loss last year. Guess we'll have to call her.
Anyway....have laundry going now and dh will be gone this afternoon so maybe I can get some scrapping in before my exercise class.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Good afternoon! No snow, just rain. Llast night's pizza bar was a big hit. Catching up on the challenges today. Tamara, hope all went well with DH's surgery.
Happy Thursday!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

So sorry you ladies have so much snow. That is what itT home. Here in Florida it is hot we went to the beach
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Tamara, hope your DH's surgery went well and he's recuperating well already!

I used to love bragging about our Florida weather when we lived down there. :)

It has been SUPER SUPER windy here today and it's been so bad that at times our house sounded like a harmonica playing!!! Some of the metal roofing on our new house started banging around so Steve made the effort and went out to screw it down better. He never quite finished the roof so that's why the wind was catching it. Good thing he did because he's encouraged now that he CAN do some small things to start when it warms up and the ice melts and because he said it was about to come off. That would NOT have been good at all!

We also finally got all of the Christmas things together in one place. Now we just have to tape and label everything and then take it to the storage space in the bedroom upstairs. That was a big job we were both dreading. LOL! Now it will be done. We also finished pulling all of youngest stepson's things together that he's left here over the years. Everything's in a rubbermaid tote and if he doesn't come over next week like he said he was going to we'll take it to the little float plane airline here and they'll take it over for $15. :) So that will clean all that up too.

All of this is in preparation for Steve to redo the extra room as my scrappy room since it's obvious we're going to be in the cabin for a minimum of a year. We both thought we'd be moved into the other house by now or sometime in the spring but it's not happening. This way we can finally have our dining room for actual eating! And maybe occasionally we can have dinner guests. No room for that now...

Got a layout done last night and hope to at least start one tonight...

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Thanks everyone! Having surgery now days is so weird. They had me bring him 1 1/2 hours early and then when they called him back I was sent home. The dr. called me as soon as the surgery was finished to let me know it went well and they were bandaging him up and the taking him to recovery. He was still asleep at that time. Then a half hour later they called to tell me he was awake and doing well so I could head over there. We brought him home and he has been fine. He only drank four "real" cokes because he learned that helps you wake up better. He needs to stay on the pain med and set an alarm every four hours and through the night to stay on top of it for three days. Tomorrow we are suppose to get a winter storm. We are planning on staying home all day. We ordered our groceries tonight so they will be delivered tomorrow and I am doing retreat projects and watching their facebook lives as well as zoom. We are in full retreat mode!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”