Any surgery during this pandemic?

Tamara
Challenge Team

Any surgery during this pandemic?

Post by Tamara »

So my DH has had an old wrist injury from back in the day he did stuff with my son like Moab rock biking, He's done 13 bike marathons and did road rids for exercise a lot. He actually has done much for the last couple of years. He has ben babying his wrist since he works in accounting and the injury is his right hand which he uses for the mouse and all other writing. He has been getting cortisone shots for that last year and a half but if he tweaks it wrong he is in a lot of pain. Rather than have the full surgery that he will eventually need, His bone is smashed at the wrist and bone on bone by the palm. He also has carpel tunnel and arthritis severely. So he is going to go in and have the carpel tunnel surgery and where they strip the nerves to hopefully eliminate the pain for a while. He is scheduled for surgery Feb 11th. It is a surgical facility and not a hospital so he thinks it is safe.
I' just glad it is him this time and not me! For reals!

Anywho, it got me thinking. Has anyone had surgery last year? or plan on it this year during the craziness?
I know Becca just had foot surgery. Hope you are doing well Becca!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Re: Any surgery during this pandemic?

Post by sdwhru »

I'm doing well. Like your hubby, it was done at a surgical center and not at the hospital. The tough part was going in by myself and leaving my DH out in the cold. But the nurses/doc did really well and called him every step of the way to report in. With everything going on I think they are scheduling less surgeries (just like they are doing less appointments). I really can't complain. Other than they did send me out without my mask LOL ooopps :lol:

The good thing about DH not able to come in - he went and got my meds while my surgery was going on so all we had to do was go home
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

My brother was in the hospital for observation and tests a couple months ago. He said he was more worried about catching covid than his test results and he hated not being able to have visitors. I've known several neighbors that have had procedures done at surgical centers and they had no problems other than having to go in alone. All the patients said the nurses seemed to go above and beyond when dealing with them.
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Yes, my husband has had a few things done in the past year. Has had a few back problems and went in for his first shot in his spine, also shot in his hand/thumb 2 times, also various testing and recently thyroid/goiter removal which he had to stay over night for. No problems with covid and nurses and doctors were very conscientious of it. I couldn't go in for most things. The last I was only able to go in the day surgery area, not up to the room he stayed over in.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”