TGIF Friday - January 29th, 2021

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

TGIF Friday - January 29th, 2021

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning ladies -

Getting ready to head out to work in a few minutes . . had to locate my vaccine card as I was due for my second shot yesterday. I of course didn't go to work, so I'm not sure who all went and got theirs yesterday. Everyone in my office but 1 person so far has had side effects after the second and have had to take the following day off. UPMC will pay us for up to two days. I'm soooo leary about getting it too. Seriously though, it may be the right thing to do, it's just I'll admit I caved to a bit of peer pressure. And honestly who really wants to feel bad after?? So I'll update you guys on whether I get the second vaccine today or not . . . hey, anyone else wake up to 19 degree weather this morning?? I think I need to be in Florida with Phillis and Tracy.

I've got big plans for scrapping this weekend!! Anyone else?? If so, what ya working on??
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Re: TGIF Friday - January 29th, 2021

Post by Patti »

Morning! It's not 19 but cold with beautiful blue skies and sunshine. I don't have a lot on my schedule today so I plan on spending most of it in my scrap room. There are other things I could be doing but I'd rather play.
Good luck with the shot decision. I'm in no hurry to get one if ever.
Have a wonderful Friday everyone!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

It was 25 when I got up this morning. It's suppose to warm up to the low 40's and dip back down to 26 tonight. That's cold for us on the east coast. Another good day to stay indoors and push some paper around. Right now, I'm fighting Jefferson Davis (the cat) for my laptop. He insists on sitting on the keyboard to be loved. I'll check back in later after he heads off to the bedroom to sleep the day away.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

tammyfolk wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:11 am Good morning ladies -

Getting ready to head out to work in a few minutes . . had to locate my vaccine card as I was due for my second shot yesterday. I of course didn't go to work, so I'm not sure who all went and got theirs yesterday. Everyone in my office but 1 person so far has had side effects after the second and have had to take the following day off. UPMC will pay us for up to two days. I'm soooo leary about getting it too. Seriously though, it may be the right thing to do, it's just I'll admit I caved to a bit of peer pressure. And honestly who really wants to feel bad after?? So I'll update you guys on whether I get the second vaccine today or not . . . hey, anyone else wake up to 19 degree weather this morning?? I think I need to be in Florida with Phillis and Tracy.

I've got big plans for scrapping this weekend!! Anyone else?? If so, what ya working on??
I'm anxious to hear how the second vaccine goes, Tammy. What kind of side effects did they have after the second one?

DH goes to get his first one tomorrow. It's supposed to also be Pfizer, which I think you had. Be thinking of you!
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Good Morning everyone!! Our second oldest granddaughter Sydney is going to take her permit test for the 2nd time today. Hopefully, she studied more this time. I remember alot of those questions were always confusing. Then, regardless if she passes or not we are meeting them down at the Credit Union to sign our Honda Fit over to them. They didn't really have a car she could learn on so we are giving her the car. We go a newer Honda Fit about a month ago.

I feel like I've accomplished so much scrapping this month even with alot of things going on around here. I'm up-to-date with all our challenges and just need to work on today's. I also need to finish up some DH assignments that are in the works.

Have a good day, everyone!
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

tammyfolk wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:11 am Good morning ladies -

Tammy, I was told from someone who is working with giving the vaccines that if you take 3 advil and 2 antihistamine before the shot then you don't get the side effects. Not sure if it is true but worth the chance. It affects so many differently. Hope you do fine!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Its 43 degrees here. That is unusually warm for this time of year. I think Mother Nature has switched up the US and swapped the West temps to the East :lol: :lol: :lol:
Today is another fun filled day of Retreat prizes and fun. Since I have the class projects done I just sit and scrap unfinished things . Yesterday I got a Valentine class 10 card from last January finished and started some Christmas cards from a previous retreat. I love getting some things done that have been sitting for so long.
Happy Friday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

TGIF!!! so glad this work week is almost over!
A few people here at work have gotten the vaccine. Mild -ish side effects. Headaches, chills and just the blahs. The biggest complaint is the soreness afterwards. It's not in the arm, but more in the shoulder. They said it's kinda painful the next day. I'm in the same boat with Tammy about the peer pressure. The boss gave a big speech about it. His biggest concern was that our right to choose is going to be taken away by things like mandatory vaccinations to get on planes. That really sucks. I don't want to "have" to get it. And yes, I am worried about feeling like hell afterwards. Not something I want to sign up for, but...damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I thought today was going to be a slow day and I would plan out pages, but so far, that's not the case. I"m on lunch right now.
Easy dinner tonight, so I"ll be scrapping.

We are supposed to get a lot of snow tomorrow and Sunday. hoping for some fun snow pics - I mean, fun snow activities with the kids...lol
My daughter came home from school this weekend, so I know she will be up for some picture taking - ummm...snowman building...lol

Have a great day!
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

It was so cold this morning...41* and that's cold for us! Dh and I were up early and out the door to go get in line for his 1st vaccine. We got in line at 6:20 and finally were able to leave at 10:25. Once they opened up at 8am it went so smoothly....very well organized with National Guard teams directing everyone. Didn't even have to get out of our car. Then we treated ourselves to a nice big breakfast out. When we go back for his 2nd dose we'll go even earlier since we heard some neighbors got there about 30 mins earlier and were out in only 3 hours.
As for side effects, the nurse said just take some over the counter ibuprofen which is what I've heard from others that have already had the vaccine. She did say not to rub the injection site/muscle area, they want the vaccine to stay in the muscle.
No plans for the rest of the day. Not sure what I'll do this afternoon. I'm so sore from yesterdays exercise class and sitting in the car for over 4 hours this morning didn't help! I feel like a 90 year old everytime I get up! :D
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Where did Friday go? I did get my scrap stuff out and worked on some valentine cards that came in a SU kit
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”