Tuesday - 1/26/2021

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Tuesday - 1/26/2021

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning ladies . . .

The monthly sketch challenge has been posted - I hope you'll check it out! http://www.cookinupcreations.net/forum/ ... 131&t=5957

Getting ready to head off to work in a few minutes. We're under a weather advisory until 4 pm this afternoon with snow and ice. Schools have already closed for the day (or at least the ones that are open), and I've already gotten two texts about co workers calling off, so you all know what I'll be doing first thing this morning . . .

Not much planned for after work. I was hoping to get a package ready to be mailed, but Shawn went to Walmart yesterday, and totally forgot to get anything that I had asked him to get for the babies . . .maybe he'll go again today?? Site work and scrapping this evening. I started a layout last night, using an older Studio Calico line - Here + There, but then changed my mind and pulled out my Elle's Studio stuff and may try and use just things that are green from her stuff. Who knows. I'm so undecisive these days . . .

Any one else scrapping today?
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: Tuesday - 1/26/2021

Post by Deanna13 »

Good Morning!! It's a great sketch and examples! Stay safe out there, Tammy! We had ice and no school yesterday, but today it's rainy.

Finished up some layouts yesterday and started on some DT assignments so I'm feeling like I accomplished something. Just more of that today.

We also need to go to the bank to set up payments for our new car loan. Always in the past we've gotten statements or a payment book. Don't know what's up with this.
ImageImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

Good morning
Snow and ice here today. Yucky ride in and we are supposed to get 1-3 more later on today.
Finally got my review. Small raise and a small bonus. I should be grateful but when they try to justify it by tearing apart your work performance, it's hurtful and disenheartening. They could just say hey, it was a crazy year, this is the best we could do. Morale around here is at an all time low. I thought it was just me, but one girl already gave notice. I so do not want to be here today.
I worked on a page last night and that made me feel better. I bought these HUGE titles from Hampton Arts that were offered on Peachy Cheap. Omg! they really are huge! But I love them!
I'll be working on more pages tonight. Wishing I could play in the snow.

Have a great day!
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Good Morning! We've got another warm day and the sun is trying to come out. Went for my walk in a pretty thick fog today and was soaking wet from it by the time I got home. YUCK!!
No plans for today and since I got all my housework done yesterday I'll be heading to my scraproom. Just need to figure out what's for dinner first.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Be safe out there for those of you in the ice and snow!!
Wendy sorry about your workplace. Sadly some bosses don't know how to get morale up. My DH has a terrible CEO, some days he doesn't even say Good Morning to the employees and they never know where they stand. Seems that some of the bosses need a course in PR.
Morning chores are done, beds are made and sheets washed. I have a physical Therapy appointment this afternoon. Since you are all ladies I will share. It is for Pelvic Therapy, I had never even heard of it before. I guess Kegal exercises are not the answer and a waste of time cause they don't really work. It will be an interesting appt for sure, I don't know what I am in for. It is not only for tightening down there but for incontinence as well. They did give me three other appointments so we shall see.
Hoping to scrap something this morning. I have all the retreat projects finished except the cover to a Valentine flip book. I didn't want to mess up the paper and chipboard so I just finished everything around it.
We are getting a little snow but not a whole lot. We maybe have 1-2 inches on the ground. Happy Winter!
Happy Tuesday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Good afternoon! I have been caught up in a good book that kept me away from everything else going on. Worked on a coffered ceiling layout for my living room/dining room that will be my next project after the kitchen gets totally finished. We have a crack in the center of the ceiling going the whole length of the room so this is my solution to take care of it plus give some interest to a large room.
I've been working on finishing up page kits and classes that I purchased over the years. Feel like the pile is getting smaller and challenges are getting finished. I was planning on heading back to the attic to do some more organizing because it was supposed to get up to 60today however it hasn't so I guess I will just have to scrap.
Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Hi everyone. My daughter has a soccer tournament in Gatlinburg this weekend, so I'm using every minute of the rest of this week to get everything done that I typically get done over the weekend. So I have been going NON STOP today. Add to this, the semester ends Friday. (That's like tax day for teachers)...SO, it's been a very arduous day of work here. Taking a quick break to save my sanity, and then going back at it. Have a good night everyone! Stay safe if you are in the path of the winter storm.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Good evening ladies. It's been a quiet day here with the dogs. I scrapped a layout today, watched one of my all time favorite John Travolta movie, baked some cookies for Kyle and that's about it. Getting ready to heat some leftovers for dinner tonight and then settle back down and watch a little more tv.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I want some of the snow - not lots, but just a little. Hope everybody was safe that had to get out in it. Just work for me and DH and I are watching some Signed, Sealed & Delivered movies. I’m so looking forward to starting to putting weight on my foot. Just two more days! And so looking forward to getting back to my scrap room. I feel off kilter a bit not being able to get in there.

Return to “Daily Chatter”