Dog Breed

GinniG
Station Chef

Re: Dog Breed

Post by GinniG »

I've always loved beagles too. My granddaddy had hunting beagles and they were so cute and fun!

We had a dog named Zoe for over 14 years. Got her from a foster home that took overflow from the Tampa animal shelter. She was the BEST dog! She'd chase frisbees and never left the yard at all. She loved going on road trips and we would often be asked what kind of breed she was. She was beautiful!

One night Steve was watching a show about dogs on National Geographic and started hollering for me to come to the living room because our Zoe was on TV! Come to find out she was a Carolina Dog! It's an American dingo! They live east of the Mississippi and in the Carolinas. Mostly in the swamp areas. When we heard about that we went online and there was our dog!!! But it WASN'T our dog! She was the epitome of the female of the breed! It's been about 12 years since she passed and I was devastated! She was more than just a dog to me. So after awhile Steve started looking for dogs.

When he went to the Carolina Dogs website he found out that a puppy costs at least $1,000 plus travel expenses!!!! So as much as we'd LOVE to have another one we probably never will. :( But she was awesome! Sweet temperament, loyal, loving and obedient without any formal training at all! Here's the website for them... www.carolinadogs.com and here's a page I made of Zoe in her prime.
Zoe.jpg
Zoe.jpg (5.51 KiB) Viewed 501 times
Complete opposite of the mutt we have now. :) Baxter is at least 14 but we aren't sure exactly. He's a wonderful dog but he's just a dog. And he LOVES living in Alaska! :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”