Hey, all you dog parents!

Patti
Site Admin

Hey, all you dog parents!

Post by Patti »

I have been having trouble locating the pet food that I normally feed my dogs. What brand/kind of dog food do you use and why? Thanks!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Re: Hey, all you dog parents!

Post by sthom97093 »

My dogs eat Iams with the black and white collie on the front. However, when I got my German Shepherd, they were feeding him a dog food called "Kinetics." It's made for bigger, athletic breed dogs. My dogs also seem to like that too, but I can only buy it on Chewy.com so it's easier for me to do Iams. Those would be my suggestions. My dogs do NOT do well with change of food brands, and those 2 seem to be the gentlest on their bellies.
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

My two inside dogs are on Hill’s prescription food. Before that the oldest one was on different versions of Purina I could get; since the coronavirus it was hard finding the same type all of the time. For our outside dogs, we use an Atwood’s brand (can’t remember the exact type). It had better protein, etc. than some of the “brand” names does

My friend feeds her big outside dogs Gentle Giants.
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

We fed our dog with Beneful for years and couldn't get it until recently. In between we gave him Iams. He likes the Beneful much better. He's not a pure breed - just a mutt from the pound. But he does have a bit of a sensitive tummy and those two brands are the ones he does the best on.
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Mine like Lamb and Rice by Diamond Naturals. The kibble is small enough for my little dogs. Once or twice a month I make them a big pot of chicken and rice with green beans, carrots, butternut squash or sweet potatoes. And of course, I bake all their treats......and a few of them will still eat a turd if left unattended. Hence the upset tummies I've had for the past two weeks. :roll:
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Thanks for all the info, ladies! I wanted something healthier for my older dog...I had just continued to feed him what the previous owners did.
Last edited by Patti on Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Patti wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:20 pm Thanks for all the info, ladies! I wanted something healthier for my older dog...I had just continued to fee him what the previous owners did.
Diamond Naturals has a senior formula also.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Daily Chatter”