Thursday 1/7/2021

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Thursday 1/7/2021

Post by Jan Mosier »

Good morning ladies! What's on your plate today?

I have to run into town today for a couple of things. The dogs are almost out of treats and I'm out of peanut butter. I looked for it the last time I was at Walmart and they were out of the brand I use. I also need to pick up another red tote for the rest of my Christmas decor. I need to run in Tractor Supply for goat dewormer and will probably stop in Goodwill while I'm in the area. Then it's back home to two sick dogs now and 3 loads of dog laundry. :roll:
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: Thursday 1/7/2021

Post by Deanna13 »

Good Morning! Sounds like alot of errands, Jan! Sorry to hear your dogs are sick.

Great start to my morning. Got to Planet Fitness and worked out, not many there these days. I would love to walk outside, but it's only 34. brrr... Not really any special plans today, but hopefully scrap.
ImageImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

Good morning,

Not much on the agenda today. Work and then try to plan out the weekend. Hubby seems to be really motivated. I'm all for that!
I have a page in process now on my desk. I'm sure I'll finish it up tonight and then try to catch up with the Monday challenge.

Have a great day!
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Not much going on here today. It was another chilly morning so no walking but I am determined to go to an exercise class this afternoon. Will probably be helping dh with the last of his Christmas village. I'm the lucky one who gets to get down on the floor and unplug everything. Then we just need to carry the very heavy bases out to the garage for storage. Hoping to get some scrapping in too.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Hoping for a more productive day today. I guess I'll do today what didn't get done yesterday. First off I have to run to the lab for a urine sample. Trying to get to the bottom of all my UTI's just making sure the one two weeks ago went away and isn't lingering. I started watching Brigerton and it's one you have to keep looking at not just noise in the background :mrgreen: Hoping to get at least one layout done today.
Happy Thursday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sherriscraps
Sous Chef

Post by sherriscraps »

I just finished making 4 doggy bandanas for my 2 pups and my grandpups. Got my covid test back so I can go see my mom in the nursing home today. WE have to have a negative test in order to go in and see her.
Packing and getting ready to take the RV for all next week.
SHERRI P :)

ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Good afternoon! had a zoom bible study this morning and the rest of the day is mine. We are supposed to be having a snowstorm heading in. Coming from the Midwest where we had SNOWSTORMS, I always get a kick out of 2-3" of snow being a snowstorm. Hopefully, DH will be able to come home tonight and I can convince my old dog to come into the house where it will be nice and warm.
Jan, do you have goats? Or is the dewormer for the dogs?
Off to scrap!
Enjoy your day!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Jan, hope your dogs are feeling better soon.

DH’s test come back negative but he is still off until Monday. No church for him either on Sunday. We have several older couples so our pastor would rather not take a chance.

A little cool today (or so it seems) so me & the dog are cuddled under the blankets LOL. Well, as much as you can be with one leg still in a splint. :lol:

Been making good progress on the cross stitch I’m working on. Still playing around with my planner.

For those of you that follow/like Victoria Marie have you signed up for her new site? Under the mighty network thing (can’t remember the exact name)

Hope y’all have a good day
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

sdwhru wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:50 pm
For those of you that follow/like Victoria Marie have you signed up for her new site? Under the mighty network thing (can’t remember the exact name)

Hope y’all have a good day
Yes I signed up and I like it. It took me a little while to figure it out. Some things are easier on my iPhone and others are easier on the computer. I enjoy her challenges.
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Today was our first day this week that neither of us had to go to town. Yesterday we both had appointment to meet with the new doctor at the clinic we've been going to. We were both pretty interested in the guy from the bio that was in our little local paper and we both needed to see the doctor so we went together. We were both VERY happy with this guy! He's from an area very near where I grew up in Virginia. He'd spent time in Alaska (much farther north) when he was in the military. He's like the old fashioned doctor who explained EVERYTHING to both of us and why we should or shouldn't take something or have a test or whatever. When my husband (who's had horrendous experiences with doctors over the past few months) looked at me and twice said "I really like this guy!" I knew we would be okay. I'm SO glad! That's a huge relief for both of us!

And another thing that we've been spending a lot of time trying to decide is whether or not to try and keep our poor geese that are left. We've done everything we can for now. But my husband still doesn't have enough strength back in his leg to be able to properly prepare their area against the blankety-blank weasel that's killed the other 2. So we made arrangements to give them back to the lady we got them from. That was supposed to happen yesterday and then today and our schedules just couldn't mesh and then Steve couldn't catch even one goose. So tomorrow the lady's husband and 2 pre-teen sons are going to come help us round the 4 geese up and put them in the kennel so they can be transported to their house. It's very sad to see them go but they'll be in a bigger flock there and in a little better protected area. When we're better prepared and more settled we will get a couple more with a few chickens and some ducks and put them all together. But we're just not ready yet. And this time I have to remember they are NOT pets! We will take their eggs and when it's time we will have to get used to the idea of eating them. We want to be as self-sufficient as we possibly can.

Ironically our weather's been so warm that our pear tree, our Jonathan apple tree, our rose bush and some other things we planted last spring are starting to bud! They haven't been killed by the grey, rainy, chilly summer or the grey, rainy, warmer winter! That's so nice! :) It's the beginnings of our orchard plan! :) Someday I want to have honey bees too. :)

Anyway, I'm rambling. I'm sorry. Haven't had time to even look at my scrappy stuff. I miss it! I'll get back to it sometime soon. Just need to deal with the current pressing issues first and then I can focus on play time.

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”