Anything you miss?

Tamara
Challenge Team

Anything you miss?

Post by Tamara »

Now that we are months into Covid, is there anything that you are anxious for? Anything that you miss because you still are restricted?

I am so in need of a Massage! My neck muscle is killing me. I used a neck massager that I got for Christmas last year yesterday but I really want the real deal!
I also miss being able to go in stores to shop. Yesterday I got my Michaels online order and it was the wrong thing. I will keep them but now had to order on Amazon (for quicker delivery) It's a pain!!! The project is on hold now till Friday. So frustrating!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Re: Anything you miss?

Post by Wendy »

I really miss all the activities the kids were in. Baseball, basketball, bowling, birthday parties, pool parties...just everything. I realized that these events are where most of my pictures came from.
We didn't have a vacation planned for 2020 as we were saving for 2021 to go to Disney. With all of the restrictions still in place, we are passing on it. We are thinking more like New Orleans, just a sight seeing trip as opposed to a theme park.
I miss walks and visiting Nature Centers. Certain trails have been closed (how do you close the outdoors??), nature centers have been closed. Even our sledding hill is closed.
My daughter missed out on a normal graduation from high school in 2020. My son is graduating from 8th grade this year and I'm hoping that will be somewhat normal.
And I'd love to eat IN a restaurant again!
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

What do I miss? How about HUGS when I haven’t seen old friends for awhile (some we still hug anyway) and handshakes when meeting new people. Big groups of people gathered together, etc. :(

Going on vacation for me, too. One of the reasons I decided to go ahead and have surgery now; hopefully things will start to open back up more as people take the vaccine (not that I’m signing up to take it anytime soon).

Oh, and a haircut. I haven’t gone and had a haircut since I don’t know when....
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I have to be honest and say not much. I see my friends and we hug. I eat in restaurants. I can go to church. I can go shopping. I traveled to the Midwest. My family traveled here for Christmas. I still get to do my volunteering. There are things that I am not able to do and DH is gone a lot but I don't let those things control my thoughts. I just feel very grateful for all that I still can do. I'm healthy. I "get to" stay home and scrap. I have a beautiful new kitchen. My dogs love me. I have the money to shop online. I can turn off the TV when the news irritates me. Life is pretty good. BUT, I'm an introvert so I love my own little world.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I miss getting together with friends. Our whole street used to go out to eat or have a potluck block party once a month. I also miss playing Mah Jong and going to Disney.
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

One of my interest areas is the Myers Briggs personality traits. I love to learn about personality and how the brain works. I am an introvert. As a result, this pandemic has not been too hard emotionally on me like it has been on those more extroverted. HOWEVER, I miss the freedom of being able to travel, go into a restaurant or store without a mask. I am tired of being scared going out in public wondering if I or my family are being exposed. My husband was vaccinated on 12/23 because he's a paramedic. I'm not sure if I can or not because of the meds I take for Crohns, but if I'm allowed, I'm going to happily put my arm up in the air to be stuck!
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

sthom97093 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:08 pm My husband was vaccinated on 12/23 because he's a paramedic. I'm not sure if I can or not because of the meds I take for Crohns, but if I'm allowed, I'm going to happily put my arm up in the air to be stuck!
I opted to not get vaccinated. . .at least not yet. The office I work in are being given the vaccine this week (about 7 people went today) . . .I opted to wait until next go round, as I'm still on the fence and want to see how others react to it. I work with doctors and nurses and no one really seems to be on the same page, and even some of them are opting out. . . which adds to my leeriness. :roll:
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

tammyfolk wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:50 pm
sthom97093 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:08 pm My husband was vaccinated on 12/23 because he's a paramedic. I'm not sure if I can or not because of the meds I take for Crohns, but if I'm allowed, I'm going to happily put my arm up in the air to be stuck!
I opted to not get vaccinated. . .at least not yet. The office I work in are being given the vaccine this week (about 7 people went today) . . .I opted to wait until next go round, as I'm still on the fence and want to see how others react to it. I work with doctors and nurses and no one really seems to be on the same page, and even some of them are opting out. . . which adds to my leeriness. :roll:
I'm also NOT eager to be vaccinated! Too many stories of given the wrong shot, allergic reations, etc. I'd rather wait and see if there are complications or long term effects. I have no faith in the pharmaceutical companies and those that have stock in them.
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

I miss traveling. While we did manage to get to Florida for a family trip in July and DH and I went back in October, I do miss cruising to various Caribbean Islands and also traveling to all-inclusive resorts at Punta Cana and Mexico. I MISS THE BEACH!

We have been in constant contact with our immediate family....kids and grandkids. I do miss them getting to actually attend school and us getting to watch them in their activities of various sports and band. They miss seeing other kids and being active.
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I honestly don't miss much either as I too am a introvert. I go where I need to go and take precautions (mask, hand sanitizer). I still get together with my mom and sister on occasion and my son lives next door. The dogs keep me company and busy. If I get bored I can scrap, make a card, watch tv, put a puzzle together or paint.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Daily Chatter”