Anything you miss?

GinniG
Station Chef

Re: Anything you miss?

Post by GinniG »

Deanna13 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:30 am
tammyfolk wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:50 pm
sthom97093 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:08 pm My husband was vaccinated on 12/23 because he's a paramedic. I'm not sure if I can or not because of the meds I take for Crohns, but if I'm allowed, I'm going to happily put my arm up in the air to be stuck!
I opted to not get vaccinated. . .at least not yet. The office I work in are being given the vaccine this week (about 7 people went today) . . .I opted to wait until next go round, as I'm still on the fence and want to see how others react to it. I work with doctors and nurses and no one really seems to be on the same page, and even some of them are opting out. . . which adds to my leeriness. :roll:
I'm also NOT eager to be vaccinated! Too many stories of given the wrong shot, allergic reations, etc. I'd rather wait and see if there are complications or long term effects. I have no faith in the pharmaceutical companies and those that have stock in them.
My husband and I are totally with you on this Deanna! I want NOTHING to do with that vaccine! From what I've read and the reactions people have had including paralyzations I'm NOT going to get it unless there's no other way to live in this state/country. I already have enough health issues and I also don't trust those who have pushed this thing through with almost no studies and testings!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
GinniG
Station Chef

Re: Anything you miss?

Post by GinniG »

We are SOOOOOOOO glad we don't live in South Florida anymore!!!!! I probably would have gotten sick and possibly died. But we were "smart" and followed our goal and dream of 10 years and moved back to Alaska. We live on an island that is large geographically but small in population. We have about 2500-3000 people at the most and we're all in communities that are pretty much spread out all over the island. Many communities only have about 25-50 people in them. Ours has 260 at last count. So with the "natural" separations we went for a VERY long time without having cases. We had 4 that happened at once and then none for months. Then we had 7 more and they recovered. But then around the time that school started again and flu season normally starts we had a jump in cases. I think the last count I saw for our entire island was about 37. So we have been VERY blessed! And we're quite grateful!

What I really miss are the hugs and seeing people smiling at each other. The only places that we go on the island that require masks are the pharmacy, the medical offices and the grocery stores (owned by a Canadian company and Canada is MUCH more strict than Alaska is). Some people wear them other places but my husband and I only wear them if it's required. To be perfectly honest even with my mask that has breathing filters in it I cannot breathe because of the asthma. So I would find myself in the grocery store almost passing out because I couldn't breathe. At that point I start pulling the mask under my nose and that helps some. But I rip that thing off as soon as I'm out the door!

Ketchikan is not far from us and has far more people - 10,000 plus. Having recently been there it was a real shock to Steve and I both how many people wear them everywhere. Even outside! What ever happened to fresh air???!!! Our bodies NEED that! But I'm on a soap box and I'm sorry.

I miss the hugs and smiles. :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”