Winter Decorating

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Winter Decorating

Post by Jan Mosier »

Do you decorate your house for winter?

I've been seeing a lot of photos on Pinterest and Instagram of winter decorations and I'm loving what I see. After I took down all the Christmas decor my little house started to look, well a wee bit depressing. :lol: Yesterday I cut some small branches off the cedar trees to add to my hutches for a little greenery and I like the look. I'm seriously contemplating bringing one of the small tree down from the attic and sitting it in my old crock. If I haven't waited too long already, I may hit some of the clearance aisles to look for snowflakes or other winter decorations for it.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: Winter Decorating

Post by Tracy F »

When I lived up north I always left up some winter decorations like my snowmen and garland on my banister after Christmas. I felt the same way as you....it always looked so bare. But now that I live in Florida, I don't keep any of it up. I guess it's because we have so much warm weather and no snow.
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

I usually don't but since I purged some of the older stuff I had on the mantle, the living room looks very empty and depressing. I'm planning on going out this weekend to look at some stuff to make it look nice. Not winter, but just in general.

Overall I don't have anything winter around the house.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Yes if you call my January decorations winter. I have snowmen stuff, snowflakes and wood cubes about the cold and winter and hot chocolate. I may be able to put it up next week. This is an unusual year and our tree is still up. We may get to do Christmas #2 this weekend. I'm waiting for DS to get out of his eye appt that he had to cancel in Dec because of covid in his family and we will discuss our Christmas time. He sent us a "Freedom" text this morning. It's the first time for him out of his house since Dec 23!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

No, but I can totally understand the desire for some winter decorations. House always seems so empty and blah after all of the Christmas ones.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I used to leave my snowman collection up, but in NC it's hard to have 50-60 degree weather and think snowmen. We are supposed to get a couple of inches of snow so maybe it would have worked this year.
Jan, I did have lighted trees in pots on my porch that I left up all winter. So inviting when you drive up. So, I say go for it!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

I've ALWAYS hated when all the decorations are gone after Christmas! If you find something you like and want to leave it up why not? Your dogs won't complain and it's YOUR house. :) Go for it!!!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Over the years I collected quite alot of snowmen stuff, so I have that all up!
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I put one of my small trees back in the old crock and used silver balls with icicle ornaments. Next month I will hang hearts on it and take it down. I did hit Walmart after Christmas for some decorations but they were wiped out and Kyle wouldn't let me go in HL. I should have left him home. :lol:
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Daily Chatter”