It's Wednesday ladies....06/28/2017

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

It's Wednesday ladies....06/28/2017

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning my friends....so what's on your agenda today??
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: It's Wednesday ladies....06/28/2017

Post by tammyfolk »

Again, no plans other than work for me today.

I do need to make arrangements to pick up Gs letterman jacket though, as I dropped it off last week to have his letter sewn on.

Other than that, my day is clear except for work.....maybe more tv with Shawn tonight??
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

Tammy - you should SCRAP tonight! I don't know how you keep away from scrapping your beautiful granddaughter.

I am Going to piddle - I will scrap, clean, walk, do math, visit friend, etc.

I'm wanting to have a cookout/BBQ Sunday with family and friends. Sarah and Mary Beth should both be home.
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

No plans here today, other than a couple of phone calls and quick errands; oh, and making egg salad. My blood pressure has been running a bit higher than I would like, and my legs and feet are pretty puffy. Drinking water (LOTS of water), watching my intake of salty/fatty foods and cutting out caffeine has helped some. I'm trying to avoid an increase in my blood pressure meds, but that is another option.
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

BarbP wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:24 am No plans here today, other than a couple of phone calls and quick errands; oh, and making egg salad. My blood pressure has been running a bit higher than I would like, and my legs and feet are pretty puffy. Drinking water (LOTS of water), watching my intake of salty/fatty foods and cutting out caffeine has helped some. I'm trying to avoid an increase in my blood pressure meds, but that is another option.
your post made me wonder about foods that have diuretic properties. I found this at the LIVESTRONG page:

Vegetables That Are Natural Diuretics

Certain vegetables are natural diuretics, including asparagus, beets, seaweed, pumpkin and green beans; however, because some vegetables can interact with certain medications, you should let your medical provider know if you have plans to drastically alter your diet to include more natural diuretics when you are already taking diuretic medication.

Leafy greens, such as spinach, kale and even cilantro and parsley are also natural diuretics. Parsley, in particular, increases the amount of urine your body produces and is naturally high in potassium, which minimizes the risk of low potassium levels as a result of using diuretics.

Artichokes help stimulate the appetite, as well as treating bile deficiency and encouraging urination. Their rich phytochemical and mineral content also ensures you will not lose excess potassium through urination.

Members of the onion family are also considered natural diuretics, so including garlic, leeks and onions in your daily diet can help reduce fluid retention. These vegetables have the added benefit of boosting flavor without needing extra salt. This can help with fluid retention because a high sodium diet can cause your body to retain fluid in an attempt to balance out your system.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Baking and laundry today. I have spent the last couple of days piddlin' with Kyle and his old/new conversion van. Yes, I have been replaced by another woman. Her name is Gertrude and she is a 1995 Chevy G20 Conversion Van....aka Gerty. I'm hoping to scrap a layout of them soon. She is showing her age a little on the outside and the interior is definitely 90's mauve, but she rides like a living room on wheels and she makes Kyle very happy. He wants to gut her and turn her into a camper and I want him to leave her the way she is.....for a little while at least.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Daily Chatter”