Wednesday - 9/23/2020

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Wednesday - 9/23/2020

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning ladies -

Heading out the door in just a moment for work. I usually go in a bit later on Wednesdays as it's my late night, but as patients cancel the late appts then my time there is less, so instead of going in at 10:30 this morning, I'm going in at 9:30 . . .G has already left for school, and since Shawn is home working today, he'll be running errands. He'll be taking Rocky to the vet this morning, as we think he may have had a stroke yesterday. He's old, but we just want to make sure he's ok, as he doesn't seem to be bothered by it whatsoever, but his left side of his mouth is all droopy.

No plans for this evening. I'm about 85% sure the update is complete, but the new social media icons need to be lifted and then I'm not sure what else he said needed done. I understand some code, but what he was explaining to me is well above my pay grade. lol

Have a great day ladies. I'll check in later.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Wednesday - 9/23/2020

Post by Tamara »

Yay for early Tammy! Who wans to stay late if it is not necessary. Is the computer issues in the gallery going to be fixed as well?

I'm up early because I have a 9:00 dr. appt this morning. Not looking forward to it but I may as well face the music. I refused to pay $200 a month for the med she wanted me on so now by blood sugars are out of site. It also may be because I have had UTI infections for 2 months. I have more questions for her again so if she gets snooty with me this time, I may consider changing drs.
I have a few more challenges to catch up so I plan on working on that this afternoon. I just can't seem to find pics to match the challenges. It's a little overcast today so the temperature is perfect. Happy Wednesday!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Good Morning everyone! Tammy, so sorry to hear about your Pet! Tamara, hope the Dr. visit goes well!

I'm just back from Planet Fitness. It's a pretty large one compared to others in the area, so it's really noticeable when there's only about 10 people in there. But, it's great that it isn't crowded or anything! Day 2 of keeping up my routine! Hope to get to a walk later on as it's beautiful here and only supposed to get to 76.

First, I want to do a bit of scrapping though.

Have a great day everyone!
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

It's going to be a bit warmer today than it has been the last few days, high of 76. I have the windows open for now but may have to close them and turn the air on if it gets too warm in the house. Dogs have all been fed, including my little Joey and have settled back down. Jefferson Davis is sitting next to my lap top this morning begging for attention. At least he's not sitting on it this morning. I was working on a layout last night and he wanted attention so he sat on my layout. I gave up and quit with it, sometimes it's not worth the struggle. :lol:

No plans today. I would like to finish the layout I started last night and possibly start another. I also need to run the broom vac across the floors and wash a couple loads of clothes.

Happy Wednesday!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

So sorry about Rocky, Tammy. Hope he's doing ok!
Tamara, good luck at the Dr's.

Slept in this morning and had to get dh up for him to go get an echocardiogram. It's that time of year when he starts all his doctor visits. Hopefully, everything is fine, at least he feels good. Did some laundry and planning on scrapping this afternoon.
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Tammy, hope Rocky is okay! Poor baby!
Tamara, sounds like it might be time to look for another doctor! I hate it when they get snooty! GRRRRR! Hope you feel better soon too!

It's been a weird day but a pretty good one. Steve is FINALLY starting to get some pain relief! Poor guy is still in pain but it's not like the "hot knives stabbing" him every time he moves. :) Hopefully tomorrow will be a lot better. He's realizing that he has to stop doing certain things like climbing ladders and lifting heavy things all by himself. It's not easy getting old!

I had a really good video appointment today with the Physician's Assistant at the allergy office. I’m really excited about the real possibility of being healthy! They told me that they’ve had me doing all the tests and trying medications in order to prove that I really do need the medication. He said that he’s the one who submits the paperwork to Medicare and that he’ll be sending it in soon. If they question it he will send a letter. If that doesn’t work he’ll call them and talk to whatever doctor is handling it. Because these guys are a specialty that almost always works. So that really encourages me. Meanwhile they’re sending me a sample so I can start and see how it works. He said if I’m not better in 3 months they’ll take me off and try something else. If you google Fasenra you’ll get more information. So I’m now anxiously awaiting my first dose! You take one every month to start for about 3 months and then it’s every 8 weeks. And I can do it here at home!

In other news our youngest grandson Joe turns 7 at the end of October. He's having a really rough time being home all the time and he and his older brother do not get along at all. So Greg (Steve's oldest son) is bringing him over on Friday evening's ferry. Then Greg will go back to Ketchikan on Sunday morning and we'll have Joe for a week. He's such a happy kid most of the time so hopefully he'll have fun while he's here. Greg's also talking about he and Joe coming to spend the summer here with us which would be a HUGE help for Steve! Especially if the new building isn't finished yet.

I also managed to get a two page layout started and while it still needs quite a bit of work, it's coming along nicely. :) It's for the 6x6 class I'm taking and I've been behind for a few weeks now. This is the last one to catch up. Then I can do this week's and hopefully get it posted before the next one on Monday! :) The last 3 sketches before this week's have been ones that REALLY made me think hard how to create them but I've done all of them now and I'm proud of myself! :) I should be able to finish it up tomorrow and once it's dry I can get it posted and then start on this week's which is MUCH easier! :) The one I worked on today had 6x6 sheets cut into triangles and then laid on top of each other. Then it had several 2x2 pics in a vertical row on the right side of the left page. Then a big photo block on the right page. None of my photos were the same size as the ones in any of her examples. So I had to figure out how to make them work anyway. My patterned paper ended up being sideways or upside down in the triangles. Should have paid more attention and picked different papers. But I really loved the Echo Park "Silent Night" papers so I used them. And then it looked so bare that I decided to go ahead and follow her stitching. So I drew pencil dots every 1/4 inch on several of the triangles, used my paper piercer to punch the wholes and then sewed with embroidery thread. By then I was worn out! (Plus I had to make dinner in the middle of all that.) So I'll finish the right side stitching and do the Nuvo Drops and Stickles that I want to add and a few more embellishments and it will be done. :) This class is REALLY pushing me out of my comfort zone and for the most part I've enjoyed it! And for me to do ANY stitching is a miracle because I absolutely HATE sewing. But it just really made this page look so much better! :)

So that's my news for today. :) Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!!!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”