Tuesday - 9/15/2020

Patti
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday - 9/15/2020

Post by Patti »

sthom97093 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:05 pm
Patti wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:57 pm
sthom97093 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:24 am Good morning everyone! Gearing up for work right now. Making a list of all the things that need done. I swear to goodness I'm working harder online than I did in the classroom. A different type of working hard, but I LOVE IT! Other than that, low key night at the Johnson house (crossing fingers). Soccer practice, Graduate class. Although my husband who is a member of Ohio Task Force 1, a search and rescue team for FEMA, got notice yesterday that they are rostered/ready to go if another nasty hurricane hits. So I may have an MIA husband again soon...We shall see....Have a good day.
I know how it is to have a husband on call. Mine may be leaving soon for CA or LA or TX...somewhere.
We call it JUGS days at our house..."Just Us Girls..." What does your husband do? Mine is the Fire Chief of a local fire dept who is on the rescue team for FEMA.
Mine is a field electrician for World Medical Mission which is a part of Samaritan's Purse. His last trip was 6 weeks in Sudan. Most of his travel is international but he has been asked to help out with either CA fires or hurricane floods.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Patti wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:01 pm I have had a couple of busy non-stop days and the rest of the week looks the same...kind of like working full time again and I'm not used to it after being lazy for 2 years!v :lol: It should settle down next week and I can get back to my schedule and get some scrapping in. I have never been one to nap but I could take one right now. :lol:
Enjy the rest of this beautiful day...at least it is beautiful in NC!
Where in North Carolina do you live? My daughter is in Trenton. I don't think it's far from Havelock. I'm hoping to go there in January or February and get away from the winter blahs here in Alaska. :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Patti and Stephanie, God bless you and your husbands! Having lived through a few hurricanes in Florida we know just how important those teams are afterwards! Praying for their safety!

We had another GORGEOUS day today! Steve and I went to town and got our packages and groceries. Came home and my BFF and her 6 YO Granddaughter were just pulling in to feed our geese. They LOVE doing it and the geese enjoy it too. :) She brings cuttings from her lawn and her beautiful gardens along with table scraps. They usually walk but today she wasn't up to it so they drove. It's so fun to visit with them and watch her huge black lab and my 35 pound mutt enjoying each other. :)

Steve had a meeting to go to tonight so I scrapped while I cooked a late dinner. Finished a page that just needed journaling and printed pictures for the other page that went with it. Unfortunately I did them without circles for another site. :) Hopefully I can scrap some tomorrow and do something with circles. :)

Another couple of days of this beautiful weather and then we're back to the rain and gloom and chilly temps. :( But we're enjoying our weather while we have it!

Have a great Wednesday ladies!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Patti wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:22 pm
sthom97093 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:05 pm
Patti wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:57 pm

I know how it is to have a husband on call. Mine may be leaving soon for CA or LA or TX...somewhere.
We call it JUGS days at our house..."Just Us Girls..." What does your husband do? Mine is the Fire Chief of a local fire dept who is on the rescue team for FEMA.
Mine is a field electrician for World Medical Mission which is a part of Samaritan's Purse. His last trip was 6 weeks in Sudan. Most of his travel is international but he has been asked to help out with either CA fires or hurricane floods.
YIKES! That is an awesome job! My Dad is a lineman for a local power company. He gets deployed to do hurricane clean up at times, but definitely NOT international like that.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

GinniG wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:50 am
Patti wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:01 pm I have had a couple of busy non-stop days and the rest of the week looks the same...kind of like working full time again and I'm not used to it after being lazy for 2 years!v :lol: It should settle down next week and I can get back to my schedule and get some scrapping in. I have never been one to nap but I could take one right now. :lol:
Where in North Carolina do you live? My daughter is in Trenton. I don't think it's far from Havelock. I'm hoping to go there in January or February and get away from the winter blahs here in Alaska. :)
We are in the Northwest corner near Boone.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Patti wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:32 am
GinniG wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:50 am
We are in the Northwest corner near Boone.
She's about halfway down on the eastern edge. It's almost 300 miles from you. Still much closer than Alaska! :)

Return to “Daily Chatter”