SATURDAY 9/12/20-What's up?

sthom97093
Challenge Team

SATURDAY 9/12/20-What's up?

Post by sthom97093 »

Thought I would start the thread today to help Tammy out while she's out of town. What do you guys have on your agenda today?

My husband's and mine's favorite festival of the year should've happened this weekend; the Greek Festival. WE LOVE GREEK FOOD. We eat like Kings and Queens at this festival every year, and we didn't think it would happen b/c of Covid. Well, they are doing a drive by pick up food, so we are about to get our lunch! YAY! Then my daughter has a soccer game tonight. Hoping it's a good one.

Have a great day everyone!
Wendy
Sous Chef

Re: SATURDAY 9/12/20-What's up?

Post by Wendy »

The rain pushed both of our championship baseball games back till tomorrow. Which means I have a free day today!!!!

I've been scrapping since 8am and I am so happy!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Still scrapping here at this virtual retreat. The only thing that is frustrating with these guys is there are not clear written instructions in the projects so you have to wait for them to teach it or demo it. Some of them I can figure out myself but this folio book from photoplay has such confusing instructions that i would of been lost without following along. The class yesterday ran 2 1/2 hrs sraight. They are facebook lives so you can go back and watch but so time consuming.
DH is running to Farmers Market this morning for me, I want fresh tomatoes and some corn on the cob. Going to grill burgers tonight.
Happy Saturday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Wendy wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:33 am The rain pushed both of our championship baseball games back till tomorrow. Which means I have a free day today!!!!

I've been scrapping since 8am and I am so happy!
HOORAY! I would give ANYTHING for a good soaking rain right now that would trap me in my house! Enjoy!
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Tamara wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:38 am Still scrapping here at this virtual retreat. The only thing that is frustrating with these guys is there are not clear written instructions in the projects so you have to wait for them to teach it or demo it. Some of them I can figure out myself but this folio book from photoplay has such confusing instructions that i would of been lost without following along. The class yesterday ran 2 1/2 hrs sraight. They are facebook lives so you can go back and watch but so time consuming.
DH is running to Farmers Market this morning for me, I want fresh tomatoes and some corn on the cob. Going to grill burgers tonight.
Happy Saturday!
YUM! Our tomato plants are going nuts right now. Nothing like fresh tomatoes. Enjoy your crop!
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Hanging around the house today, still enjoying having it all to myself with just my puppies. I am cleaning, organizing and de-cluttering. I just put some pizza bread in the oven for an easy lunch and I will get back to it. My plans are to just hang around the house the next few days and enjoy it.

Happy Saturday!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Nothing going on here today. I did sleep in so that was nice. Need to work on my other dt commitments today and an anniversary card for dh. I tried to make one yesterday and I hated every single thing I tried, tossed them all.
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I visited Mom this am and am now watching some golf with hubby. will get baked potatoes in the oven for dinner then head to my scrap room
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

I've had a crazy week! Can't believe it's Saturday already!

Two days ago I was trying to wrangle a goose back into the pen and fell face first. Thank God I didn't land in the pond, didn't stab myself with any of the sticks, didn't knock myself out on any of the big pieces of wood, and didn't break anything! My glasses are very crooked and I'll have to get them fixed. The geese all hissed and squawked at me and I thought they were going to come after me but they didn't. That's good too! The one I was trying to get back into the pen is the gosling which is almost the same size as the rest of them. The other 5 are EXTREMELY protective of Peep! And I nearly landed on him too! But even though he was caught in a big net and had gotten himself caught in the fence too, he managed to get himself out somehow awhile later. I managed to drag myself up and got back inside but I'm very bruised and sore. I should be better tomorrow. Steve wasn't home and I couldn't reach him or Nick so I left a message for Nick and when they got back from fishing Steve rushed over. I have orders not to mess with the geese anymore. :) I told Steve that if he didn't feed them properly they'd have to go. They were hungry and that's why they got out.

Steve was very busy this week helping Nick put in a water filtration system and fishing for halibut, shrimp and crab. So far they got a few shrimp and a few rock cod which are good eating. But nothing else. They've had a couple of shrimp pots in different places soaking for a couple of days so they're out right now checking the 2 pots. Hopefully there's some shrimp in them! :)

The other thing that happened this week was that the freight we'd ordered from down south came in! We really did well ordering the cabinets and things the way we did! We got quality things at half the price even with the shipping costs! Steve's next 3 jobs in this order (according to him right now) are putting up my scrap room cabinets, getting electricity and water hooked up in the laundry room so we will have the washer and dryer in one place that will be heated by a small electric heater when necessary, and getting the rest of the house weathered in using a man lift and with Nick helping him. He's going to use the scrap cabinets for storing things right now but having them up will give me a good indication of what else I need to order. YAYAY!

And my wallpaper came in too! OMG it's so BEAUTIFUL! Blue background with pink flamingos! $15 on Amazon! And I think I'll have plenty without ordering more! What a deal!

I haven't scrapped this week. I was going to and my printer ran out of ink so I couldn't print ANYTHING until Thursday night after I went to town and got our boxes and mail. First time in over a month I've driven by myself. It was nice! Our weather has been GORGEOUS and will be this way until Thursday! High 60s, sunny and just beautiful! I even saw a bear cub on the way home that day!

So that's been my week. I hope you're all doing well! I'll try to catch up on everyone's news.
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

GinniG wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:42 pm I've had a crazy week! Can't believe it's Saturday already!

Two days ago I was trying to wrangle a goose back into the pen and fell face first. Thank God I didn't land in the pond, didn't stab myself with any of the sticks, didn't knock myself out on any of the big pieces of wood, and didn't break anything! My glasses are very crooked and I'll have to get them fixed. The geese all hissed and squawked at me and I thought they were going to come after me but they didn't. That's good too! The one I was trying to get back into the pen is the gosling which is almost the same size as the rest of them. The other 5 are EXTREMELY protective of Peep! And I nearly landed on him too! But even though he was caught in a big net and had gotten himself caught in the fence too, he managed to get himself out somehow awhile later. I managed to drag myself up and got back inside but I'm very bruised and sore. I should be better tomorrow. Steve wasn't home and I couldn't reach him or Nick so I left a message for Nick and when they got back from fishing Steve rushed over. I have orders not to mess with the geese anymore. :) I told Steve that if he didn't feed them properly they'd have to go. They were hungry and that's why they got out.

Steve was very busy this week helping Nick put in a water filtration system and fishing for halibut, shrimp and crab. So far they got a few shrimp and a few rock cod which are good eating. But nothing else. They've had a couple of shrimp pots in different places soaking for a couple of days so they're out right now checking the 2 pots. Hopefully there's some shrimp in them! :)

The other thing that happened this week was that the freight we'd ordered from down south came in! We really did well ordering the cabinets and things the way we did! We got quality things at half the price even with the shipping costs! Steve's next 3 jobs in this order (according to him right now) are putting up my scrap room cabinets, getting electricity and water hooked up in the laundry room so we will have the washer and dryer in one place that will be heated by a small electric heater when necessary, and getting the rest of the house weathered in using a man lift and with Nick helping him. He's going to use the scrap cabinets for storing things right now but having them up will give me a good indication of what else I need to order. YAYAY!

And my wallpaper came in too! OMG it's so BEAUTIFUL! Blue background with pink flamingos! $15 on Amazon! And I think I'll have plenty without ordering more! What a deal!

I haven't scrapped this week. I was going to and my printer ran out of ink so I couldn't print ANYTHING until Thursday night after I went to town and got our boxes and mail. First time in over a month I've driven by myself. It was nice! Our weather has been GORGEOUS and will be this way until Thursday! High 60s, sunny and just beautiful! I even saw a bear cub on the way home that day!

So that's been my week. I hope you're all doing well! I'll try to catch up on everyone's news.
Oh my, hope you're not too bruised and banged up. Be careful. As we get older we are not as steady on our feet. I remember when I could just hop up on the tailgate of the truck with ease and now I have to lay across it and pull my self up. I finally put a new hitch on the bottom that I can stand on and swing my leg over it. One of these days I'm going to bust my butt doing that. I just hope I'm at home when it happens :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Daily Chatter”