Happy Father's Day - Sunday 6/18/17

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Happy Father's Day - Sunday 6/18/17

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning ladies....so what's everyone up to today??

I'm still taking care of Garrett, and catering to him. Shawn is busy with work stuff, and I'm just messing around in my scrap room. Trying to get pics organized, and some journaling done. Then hoping to scrap later on this afternoon. I've already contacted my boss and asked for tomorrow off as well, as I've seen no improvement whatsoever in Garrett since he came home.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Wanda
Station Chef

Re: Happy Father's Day - Sunday 6/18/17

Post by Wanda »

Man, Tammy, it seems like it is taking Garrett an awfully long time to recuperate. I'm so sorry.

I'm making lunch to take to my parents' house for Father's Day. Roast, potatoes, cole slaw, green beans, pineapple upside down cake.

I have to tutor tonight at 6:00. I'm working on my LasVegas trip pictures in between.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Wanda wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:48 am Man, Tammy, it seems like it is taking Garrett an awfully long time to recuperate. I'm so sorry.
Wanda - they said the first two weeks are the worst. Honestly and truly today has been the worst. He said the scabs are forming and every time he opens his mouth just the slightest he can feel them tear....He actually had a few tears today, and again, he's a tough kid. Drs appt on Tuesday!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Post by SusieQ »

Went to church, then taught Sunday school, now t the first game of a double header. Oh so hot!
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Went to church and then came home and did laundry and yard work while dh cleaned the kettle corn popper and other equipment that we use for our fund raising for playgrounds. Next weekend is the official start of the popping season.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

Patti wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:24 pm Went to church and then came home and did laundry and yard work while dh cleaned the kettle corn popper and other equipment that we use for our fund raising for playgrounds. Next weekend is the official start of the popping season.
So, Patti, do you guys travel around to craft shows to sell your kettle corn? Or do you make it and sell it locally?
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Wanda wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:48 am
Patti wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:24 pm Went to church and then came home and did laundry and yard work while dh cleaned the kettle corn popper and other equipment that we use for our fund raising for playgrounds. Next weekend is the official start of the popping season.
So, Patti, do you guys travel around to craft shows to sell your kettle corn? Or do you make it and sell it locally?
We sell it at local events. This weekend is the Dane Fest...a two day softball tournament. The first week of July will be the Lodi Fair which runs for 4 days. Next is a Midsummer's Night fireworks and finally a corn maze that runs from the last weekend of Sept. until the end of Oct. All of the events are located within 20 miles of our home and done by a great team of volunteers. In the past 4 years we have used the money for packing meals and have earned enough to buy 202,000 meals that have been sent to Haiti, Guatemala and Africa. Starting this year we will be providing the playgrounds for 5 schools in Haiti plus still doing some meals. We have been told by a lot of people that it is the best kettle corn they have ever had and we tell them it's because it is made with love.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”