Saturday 8/29

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Saturday 8/29

Post by Jan Mosier »

Good morning ladies! What's on your plate today?

It's a stay at home day for me. Just finished feeding all the dogs.....including my little Joey. It's a rare occasion when she shows up early for feed time. If it doesn't rain, I may help Kyle with the lawn.....either help mow or move the cars. Other than that it should be an easy day.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Lolis
Challenge Team

Re: Saturday 8/29

Post by Lolis »

Good morning! We’re on the road to meet our kids in San Angelo, Texas.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

I finished a challenge this morning!!

I'm going shopping with my girls today. then taking everyone out to see my Mom's new house.

I'm hoping to be back by dinnertime. Hubby is cooking chicken fried rice, so I can work on more challenges while he cooks.

Enjoy this beautiful day!
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Nothing much planned fro me to. I will do some scrapping, being quarantined means I must stay home and it has been raining so no walking outside either
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Went for my walk this morning and chatted with people I haven't seen since I'm back from vacation. No other plans for today so I want to work on some challenges here today.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

I slept in for a bit this morning, and then spent over an hour on the phone with Jackie (hence the delay in getting on here)> Other than laundry I'm not sure what our day entails as it's raining outside and Garrett has a lot of homework to do over the weekend.

Shawn did mention looking into renting a truck next weekend or after. As you all know, I ordered my Kallax unit again (3rd time from IKEA) with a delivery date of October 2nd. There as been no update in the status yet . . . :? So we're actually thinking about renting a truck or SUV and driving to IKEA and picking it up. . . So the $200 on shipping would be for car rental and lunch and I have it that day. I'm just dreading the drive. The IKEA in Conshohocken, PA (2.5+ hrs) away has it in stock. Shawn thinks I should cancel my current order and re-purchase it from this IKEA and we drive and just do curbside pick up. Before he didn't want to make the drive, but now . . .*guess he's tired of me complaining.

I have a few things scrap related that I'd like to go ahead an knock out this weekend, and apparently the only thing stopping me is me . . . :shock:
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Lolis so excited for you to see your boys!
Wendy yea back in the scrap groove!
Tammy yes just go get them while he is willing to take you!
Our day is going to be a bit more low key than all the canning yesterday! First off though we are headed to the verizon store when it opens in an hour. My new google phone is still kicking off our internet so I guess I am going to go back to an iphone. Hoping it doesn't mess up my abilities to how smoothly I am able to get pics off , into picasa and onto this site. If you hear me screaming you will know I am frustrated once again. I used to have an iphone and it worked fine. Going to the android a few years back had a huge learning cure. Crossing my fingers this one will be fine. Also hoping they honor a trade in but DH is not crossing his fingers.
Happy Saturday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Tammy, funny you should mention the Kallax unit from Ikea...We redid my front room into a new home office this summer. We wanted to get as much as we could from Ikea for the room, and it was slim pickings. We were able to get what I needed at the end of June, but my daughters and I went to the Ikea in Cincinnati 2 weeks ago, and they were out of the 8 unit and pretty much everything. I asked the Ikea employees what's up. Said having a horrible time restocking b/c of Covid. And the shipping is outrageous (as you mentioned). I hope you get what you need today.

So far today I've fought with my computer to upload my Game Show project (thank you again Tammy for helping me out), picked my daughter up from a sleepover, went school supply shopping for her, and went to a drive by baby shower for my colleague having her 3rd baby boy in Sept. (Cool thing is she was also my former student, and my daughter's favorite teacher when she had her 2 years ago). My husband has checked in periodically from Louisiana. He said the destruction down there is pretty mind boggling, but the people are resilient. Everyone working together cutting down trees, patching up roofs, digging each other out. Says pretty cool to see people working together. So far he hasn't had to do any rescues which is a good thing. But has no clue when he will be home...sigh...

Hope you all have a good day. :)
Kiki Halbert
Prep Cook

Post by Kiki Halbert »

Today is a lazy day since I went to my local scrapbook store yesterday. So I'm going through a box of older scrapbook magazines that I picked up yesterday to weed out the things I want to keep for inspiration, and then I'm sorting through more pictures for scrapbooking. I've decided that I'm going to scraplift myself in the near future, so I'll have to get ready to print my pictures. I have hundreds of digital scrapbook layouts that I want to do in paper, and actually sort my scrapbooks too. We'll see how far I get with that plan through next year. That's my long term goal. Short term, very short term is to scrapbook at least 3 layouts this weekend. I think most of it will be done tomorrow.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Lolis wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:18 am Good morning! We’re on the road to meet our kids in San Angelo, Texas.
Yay Lolis! Enjoy your time with your boys!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Daily Chatter”