Happy Friday 6.16.27

Wanda
Station Chef

Happy Friday 6.16.27

Post by Wanda »

It IS Friday, isn't it?

What's everyone doing? Is anyone scrapping?
Wanda
Station Chef

Re: Happy Friday 6.16.27

Post by Wanda »

I'm going to lunch with some ladies from work, and then going to grocery store. I want to take lunch to my parents on Sunday - for Father's Day and their anniversary.

I'm hoping to take a little beach trip soon - Randy flies for a man who has a Destin Bayside Condo that his management company has not been promoting for him (he fired them) so the condo is not booked much this summer. He told Randy about it and I think he will make us a great deal. It's a studio - so really just a hotel room with a kitchen, but a nice getaway.

Mary Beth went back to Oxford yesterday. She has some babysitting lined up for the summer and had to get home. She did get a job that will be perfect for her (hopefully) at a private special needs school in Jackson. It is just an assistant job, but the pay is almost twice what teaching assistants make in public schools. Once she is here and settled we will look at the process for becoming a certified teacher. She had started the process in TX, but I feel like she needs to start it in MS, too. We'll see.
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Today I have an appointment for my annual mammogram. We have some telephone calls to make regarding financials for the infusions that I'm starting next week. The manufacturer of the drug has an assistance plan that will help with the drug costs. Our insurance company is a royal pain to deal with; hoping the whole process goes smoothly and is worth the effort in the end result.

Mom's brother and his wife are on their way home to California from their annual trip "out East" to see friends and family. Tentative plans are for them to stop over night here in Pueblo, maybe stopping in the Denver area and picking up my cousin Tammy. I haven't seen Tammy in maybe 30 years, so that would be nice, They are in Illinois or Iowa now. I hope my infusion appointment next Thursday doesn't interfere with their visiting; usually they're pretty flexible so hopefully it will all work out.
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

Have fun with that mammogram, Barb! Seriously,dealing with insurance companies is such a pain. I don't envy you. BUT, I hope this medicine will be worth all the hassle.
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Post by SusieQ »

No plans except scrapping
disneydarling07
Prep Cook

Post by disneydarling07 »

I was so happy to be able to squeeze in a scrapbook page last night...in between dinner and a load of laundry. Tomorrow is the Homerun Derby so the hubby took our little guy out for some hitting practice.
We have our last regularly scheduled game tonight and it's a late one, under the lights. Our boys are so excited! Under the lights makes them feel like the Big Leagues.
I started working on another page early this morning. I have it all ready to go, just have to add embellishments and I'll be done!
Leftovers for dinner tonight!
Wendy***
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

SusieQ wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:02 am No plans except scrapping
Yay!
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Hello everyone....sorry for being MIA the past few days....been kinda down (mentally) with Garrett. I've been snuggled up with a 16 year old for the past few days. He slept most of the day yesterday and Wednesday, and I sat with him watching Netflix on my phone. He's still in a lot of pain today, but did get up and shower....so hopefully that's a good sign. It's still a struggle with the medicine though....he said his pain is still at a 7-8 and to think of my worst sore throat ever and times it by 20....a few times there were tears forming when he swallowed, and he's a tough kid. It's breaking my heart!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I got home around 7 and was greeted by my grandson who opted to stay here instead of going to the party. thawing out burgers to grill and then bed. I have an early work day tomorrow.

Tammy, I remember when my son had his tonsils out...keep snuggling with him.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

Tammy - I just hate it is taking Garrett so long to feel better! I'm praying that he turned a MAJOR corner today and feels 100% better tomorrow! I had lunch with friends from work today, and then went to tanning bed and grocery store. Funny little story:

I called Randy to see what we needed from the store and to ask him about what to get to do a crock pot roast. After a minute or two of talking he said, "Where are you?"
"Kroger."
"Which Kroger?" he asked.
"The one at Colony Crossing, " I answered as I steered my buggy around a corner................and ...............
right into Randy! We were right next to each other the whole time.

It has started storming here. Guess that is a good reason to go to bed early!

Return to “Daily Chatter”