IT'S THURSDAY! JUNE 15, 2017

BarbP
Sous Chef

IT'S THURSDAY! JUNE 15, 2017

Post by BarbP »

Hello everybody -- we've made it nearly to the end of another week! :D What's everyone up to on this fine day?
BarbP
Sous Chef

Re: IT'S THURSDAY! JUNE 15, 2017

Post by BarbP »

We have a gorgeous sunny day here in southern Colorado. We have been here 1 1/2 years and still marvel at the blue of the sky and the fluffy, white clouds. Oh, and the beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Our flowers that we planted seem to be doing well.Mom likes to go out in the early evening and deadhead the spent flowers to make way for the new blooms. She always had flowers in the yard of her own house and missed that when she lived in an apartment. She deadheads the flowers in the zoo's gardens and at the park, too :)

My first infusion for the RA drug is next Thursday morning, with another scheduled 2 weeks after that; then 4 weeks later; then every 8 weeks. I'm putting big faith in my rheumatologist that this drug is going to help me "get my life back". Most important, I want to be able to travel back to the Midwest to see my kids/grandkids in IL., WI., and MN. I flew to MN last fall when my youngest granddaughter was born but would be very unomfortable if I tried t do that now. I also want to feel good enough to go to the zoo,etc.

Have a wonderful day!
disneydarling07
Prep Cook

Post by disneydarling07 »

Barb - I hope you get some relief soon!

I'm at work now (sneaking in) and then it's home to get some housework done. I have loads and loads of laundry to catch up on. These baseball games every day really suck up all my time and energy.
I think I'll be making pasta for dinner tonight. And we can have leftover tomorrow. Saves me time! And we have our last regular game tomorrow, so time is limited.
Wendy***
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Busy day. Spent the morning letting dogs in and out while trying to print labels and package treats for today's market. Made it to the market on time and then a storm hits and we all got soaked. No one had their canopies up because we were all under a large shade tree. We kept hearing thunder and saw a few streaks of lightening in the distance but the weather app said it was suppose to miss us......well it didn't! We were all scrambling and laughing at the same time. I got all my stuff packed in the car and I look around and one of the vendors still had her entire table set up. So I stayed to help her break down. I could hear the water squishing in my shoes as I walked to my car to come home. :lol:
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

that was very sweet of you Jan.
I traveled down to Rockford, IL to meet with the Kids Around the World staff about playgrounds we will be raising money for and building at some schools in Haiti. It was fun catching up with my old traveling buddy and planning for some future trips. Just as I walked in the door at 9 pm my phone was ringing and my dd informed me they were coming for the weekend. so now I have to clean house!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

Patti wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:19 pm that was very sweet of you Jan.
I traveled down to Rockford, IL to meet with the Kids Around the World staff about playgrounds we will be raising money for and building at some schools in Haiti. It was fun catching up with my old traveling buddy and planning for some future trips. Just as I walked in the door at 9 pm my phone was ringing and my dd informed me they were coming for the weekend. so now I have to clean house!
I love to have a good reason to clean house, though! You will have a great weekend.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Wanda wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:57 am
Patti wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:19 pm that was very sweet of you Jan.
I love to have a good reason to clean house, though! You will have a great weekend.
They are coming to go to a classmates 40th birthday..we are just a sleeping place for the most part. DH will get to see them and spend time with them but it's my weekend to work. But a little time with them is so much better than no time.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”