Sheesh, I missed you guys!

Sandy
Prep Cook

Sheesh, I missed you guys!

Post by Sandy »

UGH! about week and a half or so ago I accidentally knocked my laptop off the table and it landed face down. It would still come on but moved super slow. It took over 3 hours for my silhouette program to actually open up. I use that daily for my business so needless to say I had to get a new laptop. It finally came in last night. I'm still busy putting things back on my new laptop but wanted to pop in and say hi. For the past week I have been getting things off my other laptop because it had been about 3 weeks since I had done that. It took forever because of how slow my other one was being. I kid you not, within about 20 minutes of me getting the last thing saved onto my external hard drive my other one literally died and wouldn't turn back on. I did have my silhouette program already on hubby's laptop so I was able to work a bit but f course I didn't have any of my fonts on that computer. Which in a way I guess made it easier to decide which fonts to use for projects since I normally have almost 4500 fonts to choose from. Thankfully I have them all transferred to my new laptop now. I'm still getting used to the new features on this laptop compared to my older one and I'm actually loving it so far. I still need to get my sublimation printer set up on this one though but that will most likely been done next week since I'll have to get their tech to reset up my color print guide for the new computer and they don't work weekends. I'm bummed I haven't had time to work on anymore layouts for the clue theme this month but life has just gotten in the way.
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: Sheesh, I missed you guys!

Post by Tracy F »

Wow Wendy! I hate having to load everything on a new computer. I had to do that a few months ago too. It's a pain but I love my new laptop.
Glad to hear you're back up and running again!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Sandy I know the frustration! WE missed you!! Hope the week goes smoothly for you now and you'll be back to your normal groove!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Welcome back Sandy!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Welcome back Sandy - glad things worked out for you . . .it's always a scary thing when dealing with those types of things! Especially with the irreplaceable pics . . .and 4500 :shock: fonts?? And I thought I had an obsession!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I remember having something like that happen....definitely not fun. glad you were able to get everything before it went totally. Welcome Back...there will be lots more challenges in the following months that will keep you busy!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Oh, glad you were able to get everything backed up. Sorry to hear that your old computer did die. Glad you are back
scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Post by scrlvr78 »

That sucks! Last year I did an update on my computer that apparently wasn't fully "correct". I ended up having to reset the computer to factory settings (it was like a year old) and everything that wasn't on my Google Drive account was lost. I was so pissed! Lost all of my music (I had like 48 hours of music if I remember correctly) and pages that had books I wanted to look into and to read and a few other things.
--Danielle--

Return to “Daily Chatter”