Violent protesters is not the answer

Tamara
Challenge Team

Violent protesters is not the answer

Post by Tamara »

I wasn't going to bring this up on the forum because I hate political things but this is just getting ridiculous.
There's a protest happening right now in Salt Lake City that was supposed to be peaceful. They turned a police car upside down wrote graffiti all over the office buildings downtown. The SWAT team has been called out and they all say that they will stay there till people listen.
Our hearts break for all the people that have to daily go through being questioned because of the color of their skin. It's not just African American. I have heard that some of the Mexicans have been treated badly too when all they are trying to do is make a living and have a better life in America.
What happened to George was totally uncalled for and should never have happened!
The police officer has been charged for murder and will have to pay for what he did. How is destructing property in every state helping?
Are you guys all safe?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Re: Violent protesters is not the answer

Post by sdwhru »

I don't get - I do understand protesting but not where it is the violent and destructive. That does nothing but makes the divide worse. How do they think destroying property and terrifying other humans gets their point across? The families are pleading with the destructive ones to stop
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

All this destruction makes me so mad. It accomplishes nothing and ruins even more peoples lives. The cop that was arrested has a home not far from where I live and the "protesters" have shown up there. No one is living in the house. It's in a quiet, family neighborhood and I'm sure the neighbors are scared and worried. This is just unbelievable!
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Jackie just told me that the Market House in Fayetteville (where we used to live) was set on fire and the American Flag was burned . . .this just urks me! I think we're all on the same page here, but destruction of history just really isn't an answer.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Post by scrlvr78 »

I agree. This is not the way to honor George Floyd.

I heard there were protests in Milwaukee (half-hour away) but don't know what happened. Maybe Facebook will say....
--Danielle--
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

My sons are going back to New Mexico tomorrow, and we read protesters were gathering close to the Air Force base, and close to where they live.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

The protesters started out peacefully in downtown Chicago yesterday. by night fall, it was a full on riot. I have many friends that are police officers and I talked to a few of their wives last night. This is ridiculous. I don't understand the destruction of property! They are just as guilty as the officer.
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

It all makes me sad that people are still judged by the color of their skin and that now people are rioting. it certainly doesn't right the wrong.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

We have NEVER had anything like this in our state. It all started out peacefully here too and then escalated quickly.By the end of the night it took them 2 1/2 hours from the mandatory curfew to get the protesters gone. The curfew holds through today until 6:00 am tomorrow morning. By the end they arrested 41 that would not leave and 26 police officers were hurt. One had a broken arm, one had head injuries, etc. They were throwing big rocks at them. I also just read that in Minneapolis, the protesters that were arrested all lived out of state. We kind of feel that some of those kind were here too. One guy came up in a car to the middle of the protesters, got out with a knife on his belt and a crossbow pulled back to shoot. The protesters wrestled him to the ground before anyone got hurt (except him, he was bleeding) then the police moved in and pulled him to the side and arrested him. The crowd tipped his car upside down, smashed all the windows and lighted it on fire. We watched about two hours of it live on TV and then I got up to get other things done.

So SAD!! What next????
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

WHO left the box of IDIOTS open?
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”