Covid19 and sheltering in place

BarbP
Sous Chef

Covid19 and sheltering in place

Post by BarbP »

We have been sheltering in place for the past month. Mike goes to the grocery store, pharmacy and gas station; Mom and I stay home. We both need haircuts and mani-pedis but the governor ordered most non-essential businesses closed. I watched some early-morning news; President Trump is wanting to extend the quarantine periods another month or so. He says maybe two more months before the restrictions are removed.
How do you pass the time if you are sheltering in place? Setting up my scrap room and getting it operational is my big goal. So far it's been 1 step forward and two back, but hey -- I've got time! I'm here all day.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Covid19 and sheltering in place

Post by Tamara »

I am going on week four and I have done more scrapbooking. I can sew if I want and cook all the meals all day. That pretty much keeps me busy. I wish it would end so we could go to our scrapbook retreats! :D :D :D The Virginia governor just moved the stay a home order to June 10! Yikes I am really hoping May it is. We are ahead of the game but not sure it's hit the curve yet.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I have been sheltering in place for 3 weeks. I did however make a trip to the grocery store for a few groceries I was completely out of and a bag of cat food. I didn't go anywhere else, just grocery store and home. I pass the time with scrapbooking, Youtube, the dogs, mowing the lawn, cleaning, cooking.....pretty much all the things I did before but I think I may be scrapping more.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I am enjoying it as I have more time at home LOL. I know a lot of people don't look forward to it, but I am liking it. I am having to go to the office a couple days a week for half days or so
Krystle
Sous Chef

Post by Krystle »

It’s week 3 for me and I’m busier than ever trying to both work and teach/care for my son.
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

We've been sheltering in place for about 3 weeks now. We only go out for groceries and Dr's appts. I cancelled one of my Dr. appts and dh is doing one by phone. He went out for lab work this morning and goes to his cardiologist tomorrow. The cardiologist wanted to do it by phone but dh wants him to do an ekg, not that he thinks anything is wrong but he wants to be sure. He had a mild heart attack 15 yrs ago and now has afib. Plus he really wants to show the Dr. that he has lost weight since his last checkup.
Anyway, we're keeping busy. Dh has been working in the yard and I'm keeping busy inside with cooking, cleaning, trying to scrap and organizing my scraproom.
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Tracy, I think the EKG is a good idea. My husband has mild emphysema and a family history of heart issues; his doctor wants to do a follow up on his pulmonary testing, which I think he should do.

Return to “Daily Chatter”