Kenny Rogers

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Kenny Rogers

Post by Jan Mosier »

I saw on FB a few days ago that Kenny passed away on March 21st at the age of 81. He was a singer, songwriter, actor (The Gambler and Six Pack) record producer and entrepreneur. I saw him in concert years ago when I was 17 or 18 maybe......yes, I grew up on country music. Have you ever listened to his music or saw a movie he played in?
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Kenny Rogers

Post by Tamara »

I am not much of a concert go-er but I saw him and Dolly Parton at a concert at least 30 years ago. I love it when they sing Islands in the stream together. Donny and Marie Osmond posted on their facebook pages when he was on their show and they both sang it with him. Great memories. I always loved his music. They never said what he died of.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Tamara wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:41 am I am not much of a concert go-er but I saw him and Dolly Parton at a concert at least 30 years ago. I love it when they sing Islands in the stream together. Donny and Marie Osmond posted on their facebook pages when he was on their show and they both sang it with him. Great memories. I always loved his music. They never said what he died of.
He died of natural causes.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I had a roommate in high school who always played his records. I was never much of a fan of country music before but I did become a fan of Kenny Rogers. Sad to see another celebrity gone. I had heard he hadn't been doing well lately.
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I've seen all of the Gambler movies (fun!) and went to a concert of his 13 years or so ago now

Return to “Daily Chatter”