Getting nasty.....

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Getting nasty.....

Post by Jan Mosier »

I had to get nasty with my heating and cooling guy yesterday and I'm not sure how I feel about it. He came out in October when I first turned my heat on for the winter to check my unit. After much tinkering he told me it was the control panel. He came back out the next day with a used one. Still my unit wasn't working. After much tinkering he figured out the used was no good and said I needed a new one. I paid him for a new one and he never came back to put it on. He has ignored my phone calls and texts since October of 2019. For the past 3 days it has been almost 80 degrees inside my house. I called him again. No answer, mailbox full so I couldn't leave a message this time. So I sent a text. I told him that I have been extremely patient and understanding but my patience is thin. I told him it was 80 degrees inside my house and I can't turn my air on. I told him this was my last text and phone call......and that Monday morning I would be calling the BBB to let them know that he took advantage of a recent widow. After months of nothing, he texted me back within a few minutes. He said he would be out here this morning. So far, he's a no show but it's still early. If he doesn't show up, do I follow through with my threat?
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: Getting nasty.....

Post by tammyfolk »

Absolutely I would. Besides, it's not just you, but those animals too!! In my opinion you've gone above and beyond. Now it's his turn!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Oh my gosh that is totally unacceptable!! And how do you get your money back? Sounds like a jerk you better stay on top of it.
If our fridge guy doesn't show up tomorrow I know things are going to roll a different way. Haha
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I wouldn't do the BBB. I would go straight to the police for theft. Does he have a website? A good post about what he did is the worst advertisement in the world. We once had a company that owed us $3000 for almost 2 years. I found out that it was a company that owned properties all over the US and had a habit of ripping off mom and pop businesses. I talked to district managers, his accountants (who started to refuse my daily calls), and secretaries. Through many channels, I was able to get his personal phone number and call him. He hung up on me. Then, I found a website where people rented properties, campsites, etc. from him and I posted a "nice" review about how he ripped people off. I got a check 2 days later.
That long story is just to say if you need me to chase him down for ya, I'd love to. :D
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

That's just pee-poor business on his part!Mike has gotten pretty nasty with a couple of contractors who didn't hold up their end of the bargain, both in his former work life ans at home. It's not pleasant. I hope this guy makes things right ASAP. A year and a half is waaaaay too long to have to deal with this.
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Take all avenues you can to report him, give bad reviews, etc. He is a good example of why people are afraid to use repairman. And I hate to say this but as a single female, repairman, etc will take advantage or not as good care of you.
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

You need to keep on top of this. I would definitely follow through with the BBB and leave some bad reviews if you can. This is just unacceptable!
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

so Jan. . . .what's the outcome?
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Outcome is, he didn't show but did send a different licensed contractor. I now have another unit, as I was told I needed to replace mine a couple of years ago.....something about rust on the heat exchange and the possibility it could cause carbon monoxide poisoning, and a new licensed contractor.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Krystle
Sous Chef

Post by Krystle »

Glad you got it fixed!

Return to “Daily Chatter”