Tamara’s Disney trip

Krystle
Sous Chef

Tamara’s Disney trip

Post by Krystle »

Tell us everything! I am planning a Disney trip and want to know how yours went!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Tamara’s Disney trip

Post by Tamara »

My daughter is actually the Disney Natzi. She plans out everything. She is a big buff on paying the extra $20 a day for your pass that we even go for half day the last day of the trip and then head to the airport.. We love using the Disney spot photographers to grab shots of our entire group. When we took the family it cost us $30 a day. I remember paying $200 just for the pics. They have changed it and it is only $15 a day so all of our pics this time only cost me $7.50 a day (totally worth it) Always ask them if they have any magic shots like they add balloons, a bear, a cat or tinkerbell to the shot after they take it.
If you want to ride the new star wars ride, that is your biggest challenge. All of your party has to be in the park at the time of trying to get passes. At 9:00 the ques opens and you enter the information and it comes back letting you know if you got in, your boarding pass time so you know what time during the day that you are allowed to enter. If you do not get in, you can't try again until the next day. I heard that one family tried four days in a row and did not get in. We were so lucky to go on it twice. Be sure you try on lower crowded days. We flew to Disneyland o Wednesday night and got our Star wars ride passes with no problem on Thursday.
Also if you want to eat at any of the restaurants or establishments be sure to get reservations in advance. I know it sounds crazy but in Disney World you have to do it as early as six months in advance.
Let me know if you have any other questions and I can always run it by my daughter.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Krystle
Sous Chef

Post by Krystle »

I hope you had fun and that’s great you got to ride rise of the resistance! Did everyone in your party try to get the boarding group at once each on their own phones? What boarding group did you get and when were you called?
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Krystle wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:51 am I hope you had fun and that’s great you got to ride rise of the resistance! Did everyone in your party try to get the boarding group at once each on their own phones? What boarding group did you get and when were you called?
My daughter had me try as well as her but if someone gets through and enters all the passes, the next person going through the steps gets told that they are already in the system and doesn't let that person finish the submission. I would go with everyone trying but to do that you have to have their tickets scanned in your phone. I was at city hall getting my disability pass, came outside to try and everyone was heads down on their phone cheering as they got in. My DD was on the space mountain ride and she got us in. I did not know why the system kept telling me to take off the people saying we were already in the system and try again but when she came back from the ride she said she got us in Boarding call 33. That put us on the ride around 1:00. You have an hour window to get on the ride with your boarding call. On Friday we met up with friends from DD Instagram account. They were boarding call 99 and it put them in line around 4:00 Her friend said come with us and we will see if they will let you on. We told them that we were at the ER the night before till 3:00 AM from a fall in Disneyland so we were not able to get there early enough to try for a pass. It wasn't even crowded so they told us to go ahead and go through.
I feel bad for those that don't know they have to get there pass at 9:00 am or they are all gone. If DD had not of done it I would of had no idea that was the process. After all passes are given out for the day in the first 10 minutes. lol They have signs everywhere stating that the boarding passes are full for the day.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Your trip looks amazing; I so want to go check out Star Wars land :D

Return to “Daily Chatter”