Instant Pot.....

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Instant Pot.....

Post by Jan Mosier »

do you own one? Do you like it? How does the food taste?

Kyle wants one and I wanted to get some feedback before purchasing one for his upcoming birthday next month.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: Instant Pot.....

Post by Tracy F »

I have one and I have a love/hate relationship with it. The food comes out great and the meat is super tender. However, I think the name is very misleading....it's not that instant. It's true that everything is cooked super fast but you have to wait for it to build up pressure before it starts cooking and then you have to wait for the pressure to release before you can open the pot. It is great for making soups or chili. What would normally take all day to make on the stove only takes about an hour or less usually. I do recommend instant pots but just be aware it's not really instant. There are several FB groups that are helpful and there are a million recipes on line.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

When we got one I realized that it really is just a substitute for a crock pot and since I am home everyday I tend to use the crock pot over the instapot. When we first got it DH would cook hard boiled eggs. It is amazing for that. They peel super easy and the shell doesn't stick to the egg. We also loved doing steel oats in it. I need to get using it for meats and things. But yes be careful when releasing the pressure that you back away. It's just one of those things that you need to use to appreciate it. Kyle may love it!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Krystle
Sous Chef

Post by Krystle »

I don't have one but I have heard good things
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

My DH has the pampered chef version (quick cooker). He cooked a full roast in one in an hour. Meat come out great, etc. Yes, pressure has to build up and pressure has to be let out but actually cooking time is a lot less (even usually including the pressure time).
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Kyle works until 4 and likes a home cooked meal at night so he will have something to take to work for lunch the next day. This might be perfect for him. He can drop something in after work and by 7 he should have an entire meal.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I think they all come with a delay start timer so he can always set it up before he goes to work if he wants.

Return to “Daily Chatter”