Thursday - 1/9/2020

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Thursday - 1/9/2020

Post by tammyfolk »

Good Morning ladies -

Just thought I'd check in here before I head off to work . . .going to be a busy morning as my ex husband ordered the wrong $300 text book for Garrett and class starts on Monday, and G has homework that's due. . . so I can overnight the book for $152 extra dollars . . .or I can call the bookstore when they open and see if they have it in stock . . .so I'll check in tonight with my solution. . .

Have a great one ladies! Scrap for me!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: Thursday - 1/9/2020

Post by Jan Mosier »

Wow! Fingers crossed they have one in stock.

I was able to hold mom off yesterday so today we will be heading to the antique store to clean our booth, remove Christmas items and replace with different items. I have 3 pictures that I need to hang and I think she has 6. Fingers crossed that I'm home by 4. I would like to turn the dogs loose in the pasture this afternoon. They seem to enjoy running off leash. Nothing else on the agenda as far as I know. I would also like to start on Tracy's sketch challenge some time this afternoon as well.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Was up early for my walk, it was cold but no wind so it wasn't too bad. No real plans for today but do have a fitness expo to go to this evening. Our community is trying out some new exercise classes to see which will be popular. Hopefully it's in the budget for this year.
Still need to make a wedding card for my brother. Started one yesterday but didn't like it so I tore it up and did a layout instead. I think I have an idea for a new card so gonna try it today.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Tammy good luck with the book. It is always a pain trying to get class requirements figured out.
Jan have fun with your mom
Tracy your card issue sounds like something I would do. I know you'll figure it out today.
I have a haircut in an hour and I wanted to run by the post office on the way then stop at Wal Mart on the way back home. I'm thinking of sewing some this afternoon. Just odds and end towels that I have already cut out. I finished my weekly sewing for DD last night. I have already changed all the sheets on the beds so I better get the in the washer before I head out. Our so called snow storm yesterday melted an hour after it landed on the ground. This is certainly a snow free winter. So crazy for us. I'm sure I'll get a few more layouts put in the album since I finished another one last night.
Happy Thursday!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Krystle
Sous Chef

Post by Krystle »

I hope everything works out Tammy.

I was able to complete my layout last night! I hope to be able to scrap tonight too.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

So . . I was wrong on the overnight price . . .it was $102 and some change. The college bookstore did not have the book in stock, so $402 dollars later, the book will be here tomorrow. All the other books were the correct ones though! Thanks goodness.

Worked until 5 for me tonight, and then steak and a salad for dinner. . . just spent the last hour familiarizing myself with Mailchimp again, so look for a Newsletter to be hitting your inboxes any time now. . .

Now to fight with my silhouette to try and cut a title. . . for some reason, the cord that plugs into the back of my computer is loose and doesn't seem to want to connect (i've tried numerous cords) . . .if I can't get the title cut tonight, I may search through my letter stickers, and print my journaling. . .

ImageImageImage
Tracey
Prep Cook

Post by Tracey »

Another work day. Just had a call from oldest daughter, she is 12 turning 13 this year and wants to catch up with a friend. The issue is right now she is staying with my parents and the friend is staying at the Gold Coast, which is about 1 1/2 hours away.... she wants to get the train to where her friend is. Now it would involve a long train ride with lots of stops, then a change to a bus to get to the location. I trust my daughter, it is other people I don't trust.
It is a long way for a 12 year old to be on public transport, through busy high populated areas and a few changes.
Am I being over protective?
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Tracey wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:42 pm Another work day. Just had a call from oldest daughter, she is 12 turning 13 this year and wants to catch up with a friend. The issue is right now she is staying with my parents and the friend is staying at the Gold Coast, which is about 1 1/2 hours away.... she wants to get the train to where her friend is. Now it would involve a long train ride with lots of stops, then a change to a bus to get to the location. I trust my daughter, it is other people I don't trust.
It is a long way for a 12 year old to be on public transport, through busy high populated areas and a few changes.
I personally don't think so . . .as I'd have a hard time letting my 18 year old son due (mostly due to inexperience in doing this type of thing). . .has your daughter travelled alone before?

ImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Tracey wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:42 pm Another work day. Just had a call from oldest daughter, she is 12 turning 13 this year and wants to catch up with a friend. The issue is right now she is staying with my parents and the friend is staying at the Gold Coast, which is about 1 1/2 hours away.... she wants to get the train to where her friend is. Now it would involve a long train ride with lots of stops, then a change to a bus to get to the location. I trust my daughter, it is other people I don't trust.
Absolutely not. I would be really hesitant to let my stepdaughter done that when she was younger.
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Just a work day for me. Was extremely late - I didn't want to get out of bed and then I cleaned out one of the cubbies in my Kallax system before I went to work :lol: Good news is I got a good part of my new items put up before I went to work. Worked, ran to DQ (had to have a new blizzard), come home, started laundry and worked some more. So thankful tomorrow is Friday. My new retainer is already ready from the dentist but I know they will be closed tomorrow so I will have to try to fit picking it up next week sometime

Return to “Daily Chatter”