Downsizing Christmas

Tamara
Challenge Team

Downsizing Christmas

Post by Tamara »

Do any of you have so many Christmas containers and only use a portion of each when setting up Christmas? I tried to downsize last year but it is so hard to part with some stuff. I am putting up Christmas a little at a time and then hoping to give away stuff that I haven't used. It's like moving to a new house and not having the same space. I think I am going to do away with my nutcrackers first. We just don't have anywhere to display them and so they have always lined the wall of my entry way. I would rather have my mangers out. I'm trying to open one container at a time, put up what I think will look great then do away with what's left.
Any other suggestions????
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Krystle
Sous Chef

Re: Downsizing Christmas

Post by Krystle »

I don't have that much Christmas stuff. The only decorations that are unused at the moment are fragile glass ornaments that I am purposefully not using until my son gets older! :lol:
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

We downsized a lot when we moved south but I kept my snowman collection and have added to it each year, though I am trying not to this year. I'd like to downsize dh's village but I know that's not gonna happen. Now if I could just downsize our 9 ft. Christmas tree.
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I am very careful with what I purchase as Christmas decorations - I usually don't buy any. And yes I have downsized greatly in the past went from 5 ornament boxes to 3.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Tamara wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:29 am Do any of you have so many Christmas containers and only use a portion of each when setting up Christmas? I tried to downsize last year but it is so hard to part with some stuff. I am putting up Christmas a little at a time and then hoping to give away stuff that I haven't used. It's like moving to a new house and not having the same space. I think I am going to do away with my nutcrackers first. We just don't have anywhere to display them and so they have always lined the wall of my entry way. I would rather have my mangers out. I'm trying to open one container at a time, put up what I think will look great then do away with what's left.
No Tamara! Not the nutcrackers! Display one collection this year, another collection next year.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Lolis wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:39 pm
Tamara wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:29 am Do any of you have so many Christmas containers and only use a portion of each when setting up Christmas? I tried to downsize last year but it is so hard to part with some stuff. I am putting up Christmas a little at a time and then hoping to give away stuff that I haven't used. It's like moving to a new house and not having the same space. I think I am going to do away with my nutcrackers first. We just don't have anywhere to display them and so they have always lined the wall of my entry way. I would rather have my mangers out. I'm trying to open one container at a time, put up what I think will look great then do away with what's left.
No Tamara! Not the nutcrackers! Display one collection this year, another collection next year.
Oh no! so sorry I made $58 in 30 minutes. As soon as I posted 14 of the 12" ones I got so many pings before I could even post the rest of the pics. It's the best I have ever done on the area facebook marketplace.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Lolis wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:39 pm
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”