Friday - 5/3/19

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Friday - 5/3/19

Post by tammyfolk »

Good Morning Ladies -

Repeat of yesterday morning here except today it's Middle School Jazz Band practice @ 7 and I still have to be at work by 7:30, which means I get off at 4:00 pm today. Not much planned for the evening. Last night we wound up watching a DVR'd episode of the Seal Team and the Resident and then we all went outside (including Garrett) and did some major yardwork - pruning bushes, weed eating, etc. I have to admit the front yard looks really nice.

No too busy of a weekend for us here. Haircuts in the morning and the Year End Band celebration tomorrow afternoon, so lots of time to hang out here. . .

What's everyone else have planned for the day? Any scrapping?
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Friday - 5/3/19

Post by Tamara »

Spring Fling Day 5 todays classes are two layouts, a cooking one and an I love America one. The lady I ride with is driving me crazy. She is super slow and I wait at least an hour and a half everyday just for her to finish the morning class. She never has time for the afternoon one. Yesterday she snapped at me that if I wanted to leave early ( not early for me since both my projects were done and I had to get home to make dinner and get to a soccer game) that I needed to just start working on her cards!!!! Really I already tie all of her bows with a demand and no thank you. Last year she didn't take all the classes so I had breaks from her. Sometimes being by yourself is the best in the end!!!

Trying to figure out picasa so I can get some things posted.
Happy Thursday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Sounds like a busy day for you tomorrow Tammy.
Tamara, you are too nice. Tell your fried to stick it! :lol: I'm just kidding. I usually try to visit with family members when I have to make deliveries in the Hartsville area. My mother is a homebody like myself and my sister has no car.....each of them has a list of places and things they need go and do. They get their things done and I have to make a separate trip to finish mine. I find that it works better if I take my own car, meet them for lunch and then run my errands alone. :lol:

Finally a day with no where to go and nothing to do. I am currently doing a load of dog laundry and about to hit the shower. I plan to make myself a late breakfast and head to my scraproom. Yes I said scraproom. I have the entire weekend set aside to play. No guarantees as to how much I get done, but at least it's a start! ;)
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

After a very long and trying week, Mom was able to transfer yesterday to a skilled care and rehabilitation center. It's fairly new and much nicer than the one I was in after my hip replacement. She was supposed to go Tuesday, then Wednesday but got pushed back due to issues on both the hospital and skilled care's part. She finally got moved yesterday afternoon but the insurance co., hospital and skilled care had not reconciled her medications yet so she had not gotten them as of 8:00 pm (including pain meds). She is in a very nice private room, but she is still unable to walk or to get up, toilet or go to bed etc without help. I got called at 10 pm because she fell out of bed, probably trying to get up and go to the bathroom. Supposedly no injuries, but she was awake until 2 am. I stopped by at 11:15 am today and she was sleeping. Heading over there soon, not sure what surprises are in store for me. I'm afaid that this place may decide they can't care for her; the only other place that contracts with our insurance and takes Medicare is not a place I want to put her. Watching your mom in pain is equal to and sometimes worse than seeing your children in pain.

Sorry for the rant. I feel that I have to put on a good strong face for the medical people and my family, but I feel safe enough here to vent a bit. Thank you for "listening". We will get through all of this, but it's no fun.....
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

BarbP wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:46 pm After a very long and trying week, Mom was able to transfer yesterday to a skilled care and rehabilitation center. It's fairly new and much nicer than the one I was in after my hip replacement. She was supposed to go Tuesday, then Wednesday but got pushed back due to issues on both the hospital and skilled care's part. She finally got moved yesterday afternoon but the insurance co., hospital and skilled care had not reconciled her medications yet so she had not gotten them as of 8:00 pm (including pain meds). She is in a very nice private room, but she is still unable to walk or to get up, toilet or go to bed etc without help. I got called at 10 pm because she fell out of bed, probably trying to get up and go to the bathroom. Supposedly no injuries, but she was awake until 2 am. I stopped by at 11:15 am today and she was sleeping. Heading over there soon, not sure what surprises are in store for me. I'm afaid that this place may decide they can't care for her; the only other place that contracts with our insurance and takes Medicare is not a place I want to put her. Watching your mom in pain is equal to and sometimes worse than seeing your children in pain.

Sorry for the rant. I feel that I have to put on a good strong face for the medical people and my family, but I feel safe enough here to vent a bit. Thank you for "listening". We will get through all of this, but it's no fun.....
Praying for you.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Jan Mosier wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 5:59 pm
BarbP wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:46 pm After a very long and trying week, Mom was able to transfer yesterday to a skilled care and rehabilitation center. It's fairly new and much nicer than the one I was in after my hip replacement. She was supposed to go Tuesday, then Wednesday but got pushed back due to issues on both the hospital and skilled care's part. She finally got moved yesterday afternoon but the insurance co., hospital and skilled care had not reconciled her medications yet so she had not gotten them as of 8:00 pm (including pain meds). She is in a very nice private room, but she is still unable to walk or to get up, toilet or go to bed etc without help. I got called at 10 pm because she fell out of bed, probably trying to get up and go to the bathroom. Supposedly no injuries, but she was awake until 2 am. I stopped by at 11:15 am today and she was sleeping. Heading over there soon, not sure what surprises are in store for me. I'm afaid that this place may decide they can't care for her; the only other place that contracts with our insurance and takes Medicare is not a place I want to put her. Watching your mom in pain is equal to and sometimes worse than seeing your children in pain.

Praying for you.
What Jan said! Hugs Barb!

ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Barb as hard as it is, she is better off in a care center until she gets well enough for you to take care of her. Glad they were able to figure out something for her and hope it continues to work for you. You are always free to rant here. My problem is I say I will rant here but then end up ranting where I am not supposed to also. silly me! Hope your weekend goes well
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Jan, Tamara, Tammy -- thank you for the prayers and "hugs". As tough as it is to have Mom in an assisted care facility, we know it's where she needs to be.Heather (oldest daughter, she's a nurse) offered to take some time off work and come if I need her; my granddaughter Kaycee is a CNA in a similar facility in Illinois and said the same thing. I don't think it will come to that, but I love the fact that they would come if called.
I'm waiting for Mom's laundry to dry and then I'm heading over there. We're going to ask if Mickey (our dog) would be allowed to visit for a short time. Mom really misses him. And he misses her, too -- he wanders the house a couple times a day looking for her.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

BarbP wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 1:13 pm Jan, Tamara, Tammy -- thank you for the prayers and "hugs". As tough as it is to have Mom in an assisted care facility, we know it's where she needs to be.Heather (oldest daughter, she's a nurse) offered to take some time off work and come if I need her; my granddaughter Kaycee is a CNA in a similar facility in Illinois and said the same thing. I don't think it will come to that, but I love the fact that they would come if called.
I'm waiting for Mom's laundry to dry and then I'm heading over there. We're going to ask if Mickey (our dog) would be allowed to visit for a short time. Mom really misses him. And he misses her, too -- he wanders the house a couple times a day looking for her.
That's what family is for Barb!! Was Mickey able to go??

ImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Mickey didn't go with us to visit Mom over the weekend, but Mom will be home for an hour or so tomorrow with an occupational therapist who will assess the house and suggest safety measures we can take to keep Mom safe when she returns home. She and Mickey will have some time together then.

Return to “Daily Chatter”