Thursday 4/27/17

SusieQ
Sous Chef

Thursday 4/27/17

Post by SusieQ »

Good morning! What's happening in your world today?

Unfortunately my world has been turned upside down as my father in law passed away just before midnight. So we are getting ready to notify people and spend the day planning .
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: Thursday 4/27/17

Post by tammyfolk »

Oh no Sue....I'm soooo sorry.

I'm currently sitting heer waiting on the police department to get here. My car was broken into overnight, and my wallet with all of my credit cards and such was stolen. I know I should never leave that stuff in the glove box (convenience more than anything), but still.....I also had two checkbooks and a bag of grocery store cards (school fundraiser) that was dumped everywhere. All the cards were still there, as well as the checkbooks. Shawn thinks it was a punk kid or something as they've probably never seen a checkbook before and wouldn't know what to do with the grocery cards.

On a happier note....I don't have to go in until nine today, so hopefully I can get this wrapped up before then....cards have all be cancelled.

Garrett has his Jazz band Concert tonight, so I'm super excited about that.....something good to look forward to today.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Beth
Sous Chef

Post by Beth »

So very sorry for your loss, Sue. Tammy I am so sorry you have to deal with an issue like this. What a bunch of crap!

I am headed to my son's house to clean a deck and get it ready to stain. Stopping at Lowes to get lumber on the way home. I am going to build a raised bed to plant asparagus. I ran the tiller through the garden yesterday and mowed. I am very ready to get the garden planted and get the pool filled and cleaned.

Have an awesome day everyone! Tammy I hope they find you wallet down the street laying!

Beth
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Beth wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:43 am
Have an awesome day everyone! Tammy I hope they find you wallet down the street laying!
Beth, funny thing (yet sad) thing is is that when the officer was here, my neighbor came over and asked if we had had a break in. We confirmed, and she asked us to walk over. Underneath her daughters bedroom window someone had dumped two huge purses full of stuff on the ground. Cards and checkbooks, keys, everything still there, just dumped all over. All from neighboring houses within two blocks. The officer said they were looking for cash. My call was the first call. And the other two people obviously haven't realized they've been robbed yet....when he left here, that's where he was going. My wallet was not among the items on the ground.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Post by SusieQ »

So sorry Tammy, I have had my purse stolen. It's tough, you feel so violated. Praying your wallet shows up.

Thank you. It's helps to know others care. It's sad that I don't even dare start our church prayer chain. Afraid someone will post on Facebook and we have not gotten ahold of all the family yet. I am glad he is no longer struggling.
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

I'm sorry for your loss, Sue. And Tammy, I hope the police can catch the thieves, or at least maybe recover some of what was taken.

I couldn't sleep, so I've been up all night listening to music and scrapping. Nothing special on the agenda today, except maybe making my apple French toast casserole for dinner tonight. It has to be made several hours ahead and put in the fridge before baking. It's one of my mom's favorite dinner dishes
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Sue, prayers are with you and your family. Safe travels.
Tammy, what a pain!!! Hope they catch the offender soon. It's an ugly feeling when you are violated.
My day is calm compared to yours. I'm on my way into the city to do errands in the SNOW!!!! Yuck!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

So sorry for you loss, Sue. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Wow, Tammy. I would feel so violated. Hope they catch the person or persons responsible.

It's market day so I'm in the process of bagging treats. I have a batch of horse treats in the oven now. I promised them to a vendor last week in trade for some farm fresh eggs. I was worried market may be cancelled due to rain but looks like it may hold out until later in the evening.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

I'm so sorry for your family's loss, Sue. And goodness, Tammy - that really stinks about your car being broken into.

I just had the usual day, then a couple of drinks with a friend after, then went back over and went to a baseball game for a while. Just got home.
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

So sorry to hear about your loss, Sue. We lost my sweet mother-in-law earlier this year and right now I miss her desperately.

Return to “Daily Chatter”