SATURDAY!!! 4.13.19

Tamara
Challenge Team

SATURDAY!!! 4.13.19

Post by Tamara »

Good morning!
It's a date kind of day. DH has been taking photography classes and has a really good camera. I wrote down a lot of places in our city that we could go and he could get some great pictures. I didn't even know that our city had cherry blossom trees. I was always jealous when people posted the beauty of them in Washington DC. Last year our DIL wanted her family pics taken at the capital. Her photographer cancelled her appt till a couple weeks later. I thought the pics were stunning but she wasn't happy because most of the blossoms were gone. Of course I put our state capital on our photography list. So today we are going to lunch at a Brazillian restaurant where they bring the meat around to the table. then we are going up to the capital bldg. Of course we would pick the day of the Salt Lake marathon but we have figured our route and timing to the road closures so we should be ok by lunch time. I'm excited for some amazing pics. Tonight will just be chill and a super small dinner since we are going to have a large lunch.
This morning my sister has asked all of us to write something that we loved about her son so I need to start that. He was a kid that struggled all his life with his weight. And ultimately his water weight gain was not good on his heart and took his life. Because he was adopted they did not know the history of his parents. Last fall his sister found him on ancestry.com because he had his DNA done a year before. His real family found him. He met them last fall and found out that his dad died at 52 with the same heart disease he had.

Happy Saturday!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: SATURDAY!!! 4.13.19

Post by Jan Mosier »

Hobby Lobby and Michael's does a number on my pocketbook when I get the opportunity to go, thank goodness I don't live in Utah.......I would probably be homeless! :lol: Enjoy your outing today!

It's a quiet Saturday here so far. All the dogs have been out, fed and out again except for T-Bone (Jack's dog). I can't get him to come out of his crate this morning. I fed him in his crate like I normally do but he refused to go out when I collected his bowl. I tried sitting in front of his crate to coax him out, he comes out to let me pet him but as soon as I open the door for him to go out he runs back in the crate. I tried closing his crate door so he would have to go out but he just runs around the crate room. Not sure what else to do other than leave him be until he can't hold it anymore. Other than dog problems, I plan to bake a little today and scrap this afternoon. Yes, I said scrap! I need the therapy! :lol:
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Enjoy your day Tamara! Sounds like a good time.

Jan - Shawn and I went on a donunt mission this morning, and I told him I needed help!! LOL Basically, I told him that I hadn't scrapped in so long, and that I miss it terribly. I mentioned that I feel so overwhelmed when I come in my scraproom, and that the only pictures that even remotely catch my interest are current ones, and I'm not sure I have grown up papers (in my mind that is) for "grown up G" pictures, weird I know. . .so I grab my Ipad and play games and forget about scrapping. It's insane I tell ya. So today, I put the Ipad down and walked away.

G is at a friends house (girl) helping her and her mom with a yard sale they are hosting. Her parents are going through a divorce at the moment. And Katie was really there for him when he needed someone, and he's returning the favor!

Tonight we're going to see The Uptown Music Collective play a tribute to Tom Petty. Not really a Tom Petty fan, but Shawn and G are, and these kids have some crazy talent that you wouldn't believe. . . but until then we're working around the house, doing laundry, and hopefully heading to Lowe's in a bit to buy a new trellis for my wisteria.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I went and helped with an Easter egg hunt this am and then to a friend's house. Just got done playing with the dogs so now it's dinner and some scrapping. Yea!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”