It's Sunday - 4/7/19

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

It's Sunday - 4/7/19

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning ladies . . .

Just thought I'd check in real quick before heading off to Lycoming College for the day. G has accepted students day today, and it lasts until approx 5:00 this afternoon. In the meantime, laundry is going, and a bit of housework is taking place until time to go . . .

I've been MIA for a few days - sad time here. Most of you know that both of my parents are deceased, and their anniversay is/was the 4th, and the anniversary of my dads death was on the 5th and my moms is coming up this week. I pretty much pout for a few days, then I'm better. You'd think it gets easier, but it doesn't. I still miss them every day, and the fact that they missed out (an continue to) on so many things. . . any whoo, I'm keeping busy . . .
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: It's Sunday - 4/7/19

Post by Tamara »

So sorry it brings such sadness for you
another long day at Doodlebug design. made the album that we were supposed do last night. Finished it this morning. we have a tag class this afternoon. So excited I was able to get all of my projects done for April and May. They're coming at you!!
Happy Sunday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Tammy, I find that as the years go by, the anniversary of my Dad's death gets a little less sad, but there's still a feeling of regret for all that he has missed in the past 34 years. I don't know if one ever "gets over it", but eventually the pain softens to a dull ache of regret. I'm sure he is proud of us all; family was everything to him.

Mike and I went to a cute family-owned restaurant in downtown Pueblo (the artsy part of the city, near the bus and train depots). They make the most amazing eggs benedict and have great coffee, too. Mom was up late last night and is still sleeping at 1:45 p.m. We should get the results from the tumors that were removed from her bladder later this week. She and I have talked some about her wishes in the event of a negative diagnosis. Meanwhile. she's been feisty and giving us h*ll of a daily basis for all sorts of transgrssions -- cat hair on the furniture, lint on the carpet, grease in the tap water(!?!?!) and dust on the door sills (we live in the desert!) There are times when I laugh because otherwise I would cry. There is no one I would rather watch "Law & Order SVU reruns with -- over and over and OVER! :lol:
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Tammy, hope G’s day at Lycoming went well. Tamara, your crop weekend looks like fun. Barb, I know it’s tough but at least you can cry. Busy weekend here; having to help dad some as he still can’t handle things too well yet. I did manage to get some scrapping in :). Not as much as I wanted but at least I got some scrappy time. Had a headache all day and now it is getting worse. Think I’m going to bed early as next week will be a h*ll week at work and may have to work some OT.

Return to “Daily Chatter”