Saturday! It's on! 2.2.19

Tamara
Challenge Team

Saturday! It's on! 2.2.19

Post by Tamara »

Did your groundhog see his shadow?

I'm starting a serious less sugar diet today. Switching my 5 fruits a day to vegetables. Did you know we are suppose to eat six cups of vegetables if you are diabetic. We are starting with three. Just have to be serious at this game of life. I have been terrible lately so before it gets really bad, we can do this!! It's the snacking that I am horrible at. Eat peanut butter when you have your apple and cheese or meat when you eat grapes. back to menu planning. :mrgreen:
Started off with steels oats and apples. Used a red apple today and I think I like it better than the green. Also started off with a bloody nos like no other. It still hasn't stopped. Whoa! going on 30 minutes
I am off to a Valentine card class this morning. Our dishwasher went out yesterday so DH is going to buy a new one, grab our grandson and put it in while I am gone. Then he's going to the samsonite outlet to get me a new hard case suitcase for our trip this month. We have always just put our clothes in a duffle bag but he bought him a new small case when he went to Vegas last week and now thinks I need one. OK I'm game. IT is smaller than the suitcase carry on that we keep the big concentrator in so that will be good. We are in the car so the suitcases could always go in the backseat if they don't fit in the trunk with my concentrator and a cooler. We only do quick trips 4-5 days so I think it will work.
Then we are going to the grocery store for lots of veggies!!
Happy Saturday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Re: Saturday! It's on! 2.2.19

Post by Lolis »

Have fun,Tamara! We are going to a folkloric dance show tonight. I’m hoping to get some pages done. My husband and my son brought breakfast tacos. Also, I need to get my hair trimmed. Enjoy your Saturday!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

We are unloading the last storage unit and finding long lost treasures. Maybe today we will find the legs for our table. the weather is beautiful so while DH is getting loads from the storage unit I am raking massive quantities of leaves. I don't think it has been done for a couple of years but already looks better and I found flowers in bloom under them. Spring is coming! Enjoy your Sat. everyone!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
leslie
Prep Cook

Post by leslie »

Good luck Tamara! My diabetic son controls his disease by eating a Vegan diet.

I've been out and about today. Got a haircut, then out for breakfast. And even got in a quick trip to JoAnns. Now I am waiting for my son to pick me up for a trip over to their house to hang out for a bit, then we are all headed to his in-laws for dinner.

I bought some yarn at JoAnns with the thought to knitting up a pair of socks. I hate turning heels, but talked to someone the other day about knitting tube socks and a light bulb just click on in my head! :idea: If this works, I just might have a new great thing to make for my grandchildren for Christmas.
Leslie

Paper crafter, yarn crafter, grandmother, friend, Michigander,
Tiger baseball junkie.
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

I don't know about the groundhog forecast here; but spring usually hits about mid to late March. We have sunshine today and chilly but not freezimg temps. The rheumatologist changed three of my medications on my last visit. One of them makes me dopey and I fall asleep early, then I wake up at 10 or 11 pm and can't get back to sleep for a few hours. Hopefully I'll adjust soon. I end up in my scrap room or watching "The Practice" on Hulu. I'm nearly done with Season 7. ;)
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Happy Saturday everyone. Not much on our agenda today other than house work and party prep. Laundry is almost finished, and the roast that Shawn put in the crock pot earlier this morning should be done in about an hour or so.

I plan on going through all of my work stuff that I brought home with me yesterday. Either need to find a home for it, or toss it. There just really wasn't a good time to do it while I was working. . .
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I got up early and got a few pages done in between laundry, bathing dogs, washing bedding. Then hubby and I had a college basketball game to go to. We went to outback after. Food was good service was terrible. Hoping to get one more page done before bed.

Return to “Daily Chatter”