Sunday 1/20/2019

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Sunday 1/20/2019

Post by Jan Mosier »

Hey ladies. Another slow day at market yesterday......I wonder now why I even went. I will be taking the treats down to Hartsville next week to restock the stores so no big loss. I have my boarders until Wednesday so that will make up for the slow day at market. We have a cold front moving through the next couple of days. Good time to stay in and hopefully scrap......or at least start something. ;)

Becca, that was super nice of your friend to make the drive to go with you to your appt. Hope all is well with your scans.
Tammy, hope you got some scrapping done yesterday.
Patti, it seems you are making more progress. Enjoy your scrappy time next week!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Sunday 1/20/2019

Post by Tamara »

Jan sorry things were so slow. Dang it!
We just have church today and then lots of stay at home time. I am going to try to get all the finished pages in my stack into their nooks now. I may sneak in the shiny challenge. I know what I am doing, just need to put it together. We are suppose to get snow tonight that will make the morning commute not so fun. It's days like this I am happy to stay home and not go out. I am trying to think of an Activity for the older grands tomorrow since they are out of school and there mom is talking to me. :lol: I suggested Ax throwing since Kalli has never done it and Brennan had such a great time on his birthday. They always just go to movies and I want to break the cycle with something they will enjoy. Are those working off for the holiday tomorrow? DH has to work but he also has to work Presidents day so we will adjust. We started watching a new show on hulu called Burden of Truth. Anyone else into it yet?
Happy Sunday!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

I'm working on laundry and scrapping (and Jan can attest to that). It's a very slow process, and it's taken me alllll day so far, but I will finish this layout today!!

Tomorrow will be the first MLK day that UPMC has had. It was a nice surprise, not to mention G will be home too! Shawn has to work, but he may decide to just work from home. Either way, it'll be a nice, especially since I had to work yesterday, I still get my two day weekend +.

We got quite a bit of snow during the night, and Shawn has already shoveled the sidewalks and driveway, and even visited with his parents. I on the other hand, showered, and put my pajamas right back on! I'm enjoying my "snow day".
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Kind of a lazy day here. I woke up about 4:30 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep. Finished a layout of Hamish playing in the snow; watched a few episodes of "The Practice" on Hulu; and just generally putzed around. Right now I'm trying to decide what to make for supper -- maybe egg salad sandwiches and chips, something easy.

My daughter Kristen visited Anna, her 10 year old, at the behavioral health hospital yesterday. She's having a tough time with this; she had similar problems herself in jr. high and early high school, and this brings back some memories. She's also worried about Anna because she knows it can be a long, difficult process to "get better". Anna doesn't tell her much, probably because she doesn't want to upset her. But she will talk to Derek, her stepdad, and he's really good at listening. It's so hard to be a kid today; they seem to have so many pressures and expectations put on them so much earlier than I remember facing at that age. She's smart, strong and talented. so we're choosing to be optimistic about her recovery.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

BarbP wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:16 pm My daughter Kristen visited Anna, her 10 year old, at the behavioral health hospital yesterday. She's having a tough time with this; she had similar problems herself in jr. high and early high school, and this brings back some memories. She's also worried about Anna because she knows it can be a long, difficult process to "get better". Anna doesn't tell her much, probably because she doesn't want to upset her. But she will talk to Derek, her stepdad, and he's really good at listening. It's so hard to be a kid today; they seem to have so many pressures and expectations put on them so much earlier than I remember facing at that age. She's smart, strong and talented. so we're choosing to be optimistic about her recovery.
Barb - my heart totally breaks for you and your daughter, as all of this is still so "fresh" in my home!! It's a tough place to be. I know G was ready to go as soon as he got there, as it was something he had never encountered before, and felt so out of his element! I will say that he came out with coping mechanisms (a huge plus), and some of the kids that were there with him, still call him! Yeah for support systems.

I agree that listening is definitely 100% key to it all.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Just had Sunday school and church this morning and leftovers for lunch (soup with garlic bread); DH and I watched a movie after that. Then I went and actually got two LO’s done; I have one scrapbook to put together and on the shelf :D

Return to “Daily Chatter”