Wednesday 1/2/2019

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Wednesday 1/2/2019

Post by tammyfolk »

Good Morning Ladies -

Early morning for me at work today, and off by four. Shawn will be working late so I'm in a bit of a panic as to what to do with G between the 3:30 - 4:00 pm time frame from when I get home. G doesn't understand my fear, but we're still so close to the first of the year that I'm still a bit panicky. I think I'll have him just come see me at work until I get off....problem solved.

No major plans for us today. I'm hoping to work on the layout I started yesterday. Spent most of my day organizing my pics, and putting all of my scribbled journaling (on post it notes) into a notebook. Now to place another photo order....

Check for Lycoming College ($300) is due by the 12th and Garrett said go ahead and send it, so apparently he still has plans on going in the fall, and making "future" plans!! Woo Hoo....

Any who, everyone have a great day, and I'll check in tonight!!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Re: Wednesday 1/2/2019

Post by BarbP »

It sounds like your son is in a more positive frame of mind. All you can do is take it one day at a time.

I've been feeling pretty sad this week over the loss of my friend Sally. Her family is planning her memorial service for this Saturday; I'm both sad and relieved that distance and health issues prevent me from being there. I've been replaying 57 years(!) of memories in my head, and maybe it's best that I remember her life rather than focus on her passing.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Oh Barb, I would so hug you if I could!!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Tammy so good to hear Garret making all these improvements. I know how hard that would be as a mother to stay on top of it. Right now it is your priority.
Barb so sorry that you have to feel so bad. I think remembering all her memories in life is the best thing to do.

Still trudging through my scrap room. It's not going to clean itself in a day. This year I am making improvements to keep it clean and clutter free as I go. Loving the results so far. Yesterday I only got through half of the shelf under the windowsill. I need to stop and do some challenges so today may be a scrapping day. Watch for overload. ;)
Staying in but may send some pics off to Walgreens.
Happy Wednesday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Good afternoon! Finally got my computer to cooperate so I could get today's challenge loaded. We have a brick wall between where the wifi is and my computer and I think that is affecting it...will either have to move the computer or get a booster.
Still unpacking. Yesterday we officially emptied 3 of the 4 storage units...the 4th has all my scrap room furniture but not sure where it is going so I'm not in any hurry...AND got the car in the garage for the first time!
My best friend's daughter is coming up or over from Nashville today to spend a few days with us. She's like family so it will be fun times.
Tammy, I just remembered this yesterday. My youngest son started acting out and not doing his homework about the same time of the year as G. He said he was really scared to graduate and go off to the unknown and his acting out was the only way he knew how to deal with the emotions. He still has trouble dealing with his emotions but at least I know the signs now. But still a mom's heart is always on guard. Prayers continue to be with you.
Barb, memories are a good thing and losses hurt. It's ok to be sad....just know that all of us here are giving you hugs in our hearts.
Tamara, one shelf at a time and soon it will be done.
I personally made a bigger mess today trying to get the challenge done. I knew what I wanted and I knew it was in this house so I just kept dumping boxes until I found it....did I mention I have company coming. :o Time to get picking up!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

My youngest son and I stayed up late watching movies last night. I’m enjoying their company as much as I can!!!
I remembered what happened to my oldest son his senior year, he got the shingles! He was stressed out! Senior year can be very stressful!
I want to finish a couple of layouts today and tomorrow for December’s challenges.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Tammy, glad that things are on an upswing with G. Barb, it is so hard to loose close friends/family members. Patti, sounds like you are making progress

Just work here; got the results on the gall bladder scan - they say that is okay, so now on to something else. Supposed to go see doc next Wednesday as still having pain and other issues.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

sdwhru wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:54 pm Tammy, glad that things are on an upswing with G. Barb, it is so hard to loose close friends/family members. Patti, sounds like you are making progress

Just work here; got the results on the gall bladder scan - they say that is okay, so now on to something else. Supposed to go see doc next Wednesday as still having pain and other issues.
Becca, I hope you start feeling better soon. My husband went through a similar experience, and he is still in constant pain. The doctors kept running tests and doing procedures on him. It was his spine. The doctors knew exactly what it was, but they kept giving him the run around and dipping their hands into our pockets.
Take care of yourself.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Lolis wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:01 am
sdwhru wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:54 pm Tammy, glad that things are on an upswing with G. Barb, it is so hard to loose close friends/family members. Patti, sounds like you are making progress

Becca, I hope you start feeling better soon. My husband went through a similar experience, and he is still in constant pain. The doctors kept running tests and doing procedures on him. It was his spine. The doctors knew exactly what it was, but they kept giving him the run around and dipping their hands into our pockets.
Take care of yourself.
I will and thanks for the info, Lolis

Return to “Daily Chatter”