Sunday - 12/30/18

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Sunday - 12/30/18

Post by tammyfolk »

Good afternoon ladies -

Sitting here in my scrap room paying bills, and going through all the mail and such from the past week. Just didn't feel like doing anything this past week other than moping around the house. Things are going well now, and G is home! Just trying to play catch up!!

G has been working on missed assignments for school that he never did (as he had no intentions of going back) and trying to put himself in a place where he's comfortable and not going to fail. Thank goodness this all happened during Christmas break as he only missed a day and a half of school. Now just to get caught up, bring the grades back up, and prepare for graduation in June! He can do this!!

MRI is scheduled for 1/7/19 - even though we have the headaches managed now, we still have to figure out why he's having them!!

Not much else planned for the day. I did tell Shawn that I was spending my day in my scrap room, so maybe I'll be productive! Wish me luck!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Re: Sunday - 12/30/18

Post by Patti »

Good luck, Tammy!

I am doing laundry and getting ready for the next batch of guests. We have friends from WI coming tomorrow and then another friend coming on Wed. to spend a few days. I hope to get some scrapping done yet today for the Jan. 2 challenge....but maybe a short nap first!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Feeling sad.... A close friend from "back home" lost her battle with cancer Friday evening. Sally and I met in first grade (our school had no kindergarten program). The first memory I have of her is sitting next to her on a field trip shortly after school started. We went through grade and high school together; went away to separate colleges but both came back, married and raised children in the same county. She and I often volunteered together for class reunion planning committee. Sally was quiet, smart and steadfast. She and a few friends gave me a going away party when we moved to Coiorado, and we kept up on Facebook. She left behind her husband, two adult daughters, an adult son and three grandchildren. another daughter died of a cancer-related disease a few years ago.

This is one of those times when I really, really wish I didn't live so far away now. I won't be able to attend her services, but I have tons of memories that are mine to keep forever.

Rest in peace, Sally Louise Rodgers Wallace
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

BarbP wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:40 pm Feeling sad.... A close friend from "back home" lost her battle with cancer Friday evening. Sally and I met in first grade (our school had no kindergarten program). The first memory I have of her is sitting next to her on a field trip shortly after school started. We went through grade and high school together; went away to separate colleges but both came back, married and raised children in the same county. She and I often volunteered together for class reunion planning committee. Sally was quiet, smart and steadfast. She and a few friends gave me a going away party when we moved to Coiorado, and we kept up on Facebook. She left behind her husband, two adult daughters, an adult son and three grandchildren. another daughter died of a cancer-related disease a few years ago.

This is one of those times when I really, really wish I didn't live so far away now. I won't be able to attend her services, but I have tons of memories that are mine to keep forever.

Rest in peace, Sally Louise Rodgers Wallace
Oh Barb. . . .that's soooo sad! Hugs to you!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Thank you, Tammy. Now that our class is in our 60's, we're starting to lose people. To put it bluntly... it sucks. :(
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Tammy hoping you got some scrapping done. I have neglected that this week because I have no mojo for the current challenges and I started to clean and you know how it gets messy before it's clean? That is where I am at.
Patty have fun with your visitors.
Barb I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Being away makes it hard, but you are right you have all those sweet memories.
DS smoked a turkey today. I did potatoes in my insta pot for the first time. So delish, made yams and a salad then gave everyone ice cream for dessert. It turned out pretty good. It was a turkey I got at a local store for $10 around Thanksgiving. Always love to feed a crowd with turkey on a day other than Thanksgiving.

I have an early DR appt in the morning so I won't be on here right away.
Happy Sunday!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Oh Tammy, “ A mother is as happy as her saddest child. “ Praying that everything goes back to normal soon. It used to be so easy when our children were little and we were able to make them feel better by holding and hugging them. I’m looking forward to seeing your beautiful scrapbook pages soon.

Barb, so sorry for the loss of your friend.
Tamara and Patti, enjoy the company of friends and family.
I was able to scrapbook for one of the challenges! Yay!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”