I survived Christmas!

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

I survived Christmas!

Post by Jan Mosier »

Yep, we pushed through it. Kyle and I decided we wanted a quiet Christmas at home this year and it turned out pretty good considering. I did however miss Jack saying Merry Christmas before my eyes were fully opened yesterday morning, which is something he did every and all holidays.
Our 30 year anniversary in March will be especially hard but I will push through that one too because that's what he would have wanted. The dogs help a great deal. As of now I am actually looking forward to 2019 and a new normal for me, whatever that may be.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your families!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: I survived Christmas!

Post by Tamara »

Just know that we are thinking of you Jan. It sounds like it was a nice quiet Christmas. Sometimes that is a good one.
I was surprised that we didn't get any snow till late last night. We have an inch or so now. It has been a weird weather year, that's for sure. We always have a quiet afternoon on Christmas after the family leaves.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Jan, we all understand - sometimes you just have to push through. I hope you did enjoy at least part of the day.
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Jan, we all grieve and heal in our own way, and it just takes the time that we need to take. Don't let anyone cheat you out of that time to grieve. And don't feel guilty if a memory also provokes laughter. That's part of the process, too.

Christmas was very laid-back for us. The kids all live some distance away, so we don't get together as a group any more. We exchange gifts by mail and send greetings via phone, text or Facebook. I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast and a ham, cheese and veggie casserole with biscuit crust for dinner. We were all asleep by 10:30; but Mom woke up about 12:30 and wandered around the house a while until I told her it was the middle of the night; then I woke again at 3 and watched tv (I fell asleep in our new power recliner, with Lily cat sprawled on my lap) and Mike was awake about 4 a,m. Mom slept until after 2 pm. Meat loaf and baked potatoes for dinner -- one of my favorite meals :) I think Mike picked up a pie, too
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

As I was reading the comments I realized this year is a new normal for most of us. Jan, I can't imagine what it is like to lose someone who has been your soul mate for 30 years and my prayers are with you as you experience every day as a first without Jack. Each comment and those that remain unshared here reminded me that life is tough. I think of tammy with G, Barb with her health and taking care of her mom but most of all being away from all of her children and grandchildren, Becca with her back problems, Tamara with her health issues, myself with having moved to a new area, and I'm sure that others could add to the list. In all of it I see some amazing women who have found a bond with each other and support and encourage one another through these tough times. I am thankful for each and every one of you.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Patti wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:24 pm As I was reading the comments I realized this year is a new normal for most of us. Jan, I can't imagine what it is like to lose someone who has been your soul mate for 30 years and my prayers are with you as you experience every day as a first without Jack. Each comment and those that remain unshared here reminded me that life is tough. I think of tammy with G, Barb with her health and taking care of her mom but most of all being away from all of her children and grandchildren, Becca with her back problems, Tamara with her health issues, myself with having moved to a new area, and I'm sure that others could add to the list. In all of it I see some amazing women who have found a bond with each other and support and encourage one another through these tough times. I am thankful for each and every one of you.

Patti -
you just soooo totally brought tears to my eyes!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”