Happy Halloween Ladies

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Happy Halloween Ladies

Post by tammyfolk »

Good Morning everyone.

So I took a personal day today. We have two providers working, and one is only there a half day, and we have five front staff girls. So instead of sitting there twiddling my thumbs, I figured I'd enjoy some "me" time.

Laundry is going, the cats (still have the foster cats, plus ours) have been fed, and litter boxes are cleaned! Wanted to start dinner in the crock pot, but everything I want to make entails a trip to the grocery store, which I despise. I may break down later and go, but for now, it's NOT happening.

The plan is to do some more purging today, pay the few bills that have come in the past few days, and play in my scraproom a bit! It really is a slow process for me, but I'm really seeing progress so that helps with the motivation factor!!

Garrett has a free night on Halloween tonight!! First time (marching band season) in several years!! He's pretty excited. He's hoping to have a few friends over tonight to watch movies. . .but hasn't confirmed that yet.

Anyone have any big plans today??
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Re: Happy Halloween Ladies

Post by BarbP »

It snowed here last night and this morning. It's not a blizzard or anything, but it's covering the streets, sidewalks and yard. Mickey wants to go for his morning walk, but he isn't fond of getting his paws wet. I have prescriptions that need to be picked up for Mom and me and a couple of phone calls to make to set up a CT scan for Mom. Otherwise, I plan to do a bit of scrapping. My scrap room also is in dire need to a purge and reorganization; trying to work on it a bit at a time.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Yea for a day off tammy! My dh just took two days off and we had lots of hanging and relaxing together. Oh and we went to get me shoes yesterday and I came home with two pairs of shoes and a belt. Two levis, a pretty blouse and a skirt. I kinda hit some good sales so I got spoiled. Today I am finishing up the scrap layouts for Barbs challenge I worked on last night. I may have to run to JoAnns for some fabric. A lady on Etsy wants me to make a Florida Gators dish towel. Hoping I don't have to order the fabric online. Our local stores have a lot of the local teams and just a few out of state teams.

I'm sure we won't have many trick or treaters but nothing really special planned. We did our family party Sunday and I am so glad that we do it that way now. We get much better pics and the kids had more fun.

I'm getting things together for a friend In Saipan. the typhoon last week destroyed everything. I'm surprised how much I have to send her.
Happy Wednesday!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Sounds like everyone kinda had a chill day (or at least at some). I just had work and me and DH are just chilling on the couch watching tv; we have no trick or treaters and it turned cool today so we are hibernating. This type of weather makes me want warm food. At the office we did do the Sonic Corn dog special
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I'm sitting in a hotel somewhere in IN. DH arrived back in NC with the rest of our stuff and unloaded the truck today. Had a nice time with my mom. It was hard leaving because who knows if I will see her again....98 is old and she was asking me what stuff I wanted when she dies. Spent 12 hours traveling today and still am only 1/2 way back. DH said I could take my time and stop where I want so I am. I've been hitting Tuesday Morning stores along the way and picking up scrap goodies. tomorrow is driving through the mountains and enjoying all the colors.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

We had a couple dozen or so trick or treaters. Last year we didn't have a lot, so I didn't buy a lot of candy. As luck would have it, we had more little visitors than we expected. We ran out of candy bars but we always have several big bags of Starburst jelly beans in the pantry (Mom loves them), so I put a scoops of jelly beans into little square snack bags and we handed those out, The kids seemed happy with them. Mickey the dog had to greet each group of kids. I was afraid he might run outside, but he stayed just inside the doorway.

Return to “Daily Chatter”