It's Monday . . . 7/30/18

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

It's Monday . . . 7/30/18

Post by tammyfolk »

Good Morning ladies...

So, what's on everyones agenda today?? I'm getting ready to head to work, but I'll also be dropping G off at band camp on my way. He's not too terribly excited about this year, but like I mentioned before, I played the mom card on this one! So today will be is Last "first day" of band camp in high school. Still cannot accept the fact that he's a rising senior.

Then if he's not too exhausted this afternoon, he's supposed to volunteer at the SPCA, but we're going to play that one by ear. No other plans other than that. Maybe dinner out after volunteering, but again, not sure.

You ladies have a great day, and I'll check in later.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Re: It's Monday . . . 7/30/18

Post by Lolis »

Tammy, Senior Year stinks! :cry: :( :|
My kids left last night. Jerry, my youngest had been here since Wednesday night. He was in a hit and run accident Wednesday afternoon, it's hard to believe there's people like that in the world. He was driving when a truck hit his car, and fled the scene, not even checking to see if my son was fine or if he needed help. His friend heard the loud crash and ran to help him. He called the police and reported the accident, but he refused to go to the hospital when the officer asked him. When we saw him, we took him to the hospital. Thank God he is fine, a bump on the head and black eyes. He rested and his bruises have started fading. His friends moved the car into the parking lot. It is very damaged, we are still waiting to hear from the insurance people to find out if it's totaled or if they are going to fix it. He needs to pick up a rental today.
I have the house to myself today. Jorge will be here for lunch.
Last edited by Lolis on Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Tammy it is hard to believe Garrett is going to be a senior. We still see him as the kid in the Jr. High band!! He's an amazing kid and wonderful band member. I'm sure he will have a fantastic year. I'm having a hard time swallowing the fact that my oldest grandchild is starting high school! :o
Lolis I hate accidents of any kind. So glad your son is ok. Did it damage his car at all?

Today is my daughters 39th birthday! Pretty crazy how the kids just keep getting older. We are going out to dinner this evening and I am waiting to hear if she wants to go to Mama Mia today or tomorrow. We've been waiting for it to come out for a girls time day. We saw the play last summer. Kalli is excited too.

We found out last night that my DIL is pregnant. I have suspected it for a couple of weeks. They had my grandson open one last birthday gift. It was a Bearenstein Book called and that makes Five! My grandson was stunned and didn't get it. All of the adults were going crazy. Then she asked the boys if they wanted to find out if was a brother or a sister. We were all confused. Then my son said they did the DNA test last week. It was an awesome reveal. It's a boy!! You guys are the first for me to tell. She hasn't announced it on social media yet and when she does she is not revealing the sex till later so I have to stay quiet. That is crazy hard for me! :lol: :lol: :lol: Cute Kalli said I hope its' a girl so I'm not the only one then after they said it was a boy Kalli said I still love being the only girl. Haha kids are so funny.
That gives me five grandchildren! I know my SIL is a lot disappointed because she really wanted a girl. They will have three boys now.
Happy Monday!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

So glad your son is ok Lolis!

Enjoy the movie Tamara. I just recently watched the first one and absolutely loved it. No one here will go with me to see the 2nd one.....will have to wait for it to rent at home. :(

So G went to McDonalds with a friend right after band camp today, so Shawn and I went to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner, and then watched Preacher that was DVR'd last night....now I'm just messing around in my scrap room a bit. G opted not to volunteer tonight, so he's currently upstairs playing video games.....

G and I also played a couple of games of air hockey (now that all the clothes have been removed from it) and he thoroughly handed my hiney to me! He beat me pretty bad both games.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Tammy, I know that feeling when your child starts senior year... it hit especially hard with the youngest one. I thought I would be happy to finally have an empty nest, but in truth it took me a long time to adjust.

Lolis, I'm glad your son had friends nearby to help him and that his injuries aren't too extensive. Hopefully the insurance company will be generous about the settlement.

Congrats on the impending baby, Tamara! When it comes to grandkids, the more the merrier :)

I've been a little under the weather (hopefully just an allergy/sinus thing -- the pollen counts have been high this summer) so I stayed home most of the day and finished a layout.
My insurance officially switches from an Obamacare deductible plan to a Medicare/Medicare supplement plan August 1. There are some things that are good and some that are not so good, but mostly we should come out all right.

Return to “Daily Chatter”